Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
OK ! I'm confused..... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

OK ! I'm confused.....

lrg_machine

I have a couple of old guitar necks, 1 Fender Strat, 1 Fender Strat copy. The genuine one is very old, very worn and has a small split in the heel, I was going to throw them in the bin but decided to put them on eBay with a starting bid of £25

The bidding is now up to £94

Have I not described them accurately? Am I missing something?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220947640853?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be the whole "designer label" thing. Genuine old Fender neck! Perhaps it'll end up in the umbrella stand as a conversation piece....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I think I've sussed out why there's so much interest.

I found a web site that will give you the date from the Fender serial number...... The neck is from 1968.

That's got to be the reason I assume.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

A genuine 1968 neck is collectable.

Your ultimate bid will be in excess of £94.00 by some way and the split is repairable.

Are you sure you really wanna sell it? Why did it become separated from the body and have you still got the body?

Guy

I bought the neck sometime in the mid 80's on it's own and it's been on various guitars since, but the last few years it's just been lying around, I'm just having a clear out of stuff I either don't want or won't use.

Just had another look at this web site

http://www.guitarattic.com/Fender%20Serial%20Numbers.htm

The neck is from 1982 not 1968 :(

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s