Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coolant temperature. - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coolant temperature.

philip600

Update.

Thanks again for all help, advice & suggestions, comical & otherwise. They kept me sane & positive whilst I was feeling pretty down.

A few stories in the news also put things into perspective !

Right, a few people wanted to know if it sorted the initial problem so I managed to get out for a 30 minute run today with Freescan plugged in.

Results are good, engine temperature now at 82 - 84 degrees on Freescan & 87/88 ish on dash.

Not noticed much difference in power although boost gauge goes to 1bar where as before it would get to about .9bar maximum.

I cleaned the exhaust tail pipe before the run & can report on my return it is nowhere near as sooty as it was which was the thing that got me started on all this.

So all in all a good result even though it wasn't the straight forward job it should have been. Mainly due to muppetry on may part !

My advice if you think your engine is running too cool, plug in Freescan or Espritmon & check, if this confirms it, replace the thermostat but try not to snap the bolts & definately do NOT drop a nut, stainless or otherwise into the water pump.

Happy motoring, Phil.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippee! I'd say "Cool runnings, mon," but it might put the hex back on you.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.