Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 300 seats & seatbelts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 300 seats & seatbelts

Any one got any photo's?

I'm looking at changing the seats in mine & fancy the sport 300 seats, but how does the seatbelt work with them?

Does it end up rubbing on the edge where it feeds through the hole in the seat itself?

Hooligan at heart.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you see this?

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EModifications/Sport300_Seat_install.html

It doesn't look like the Sport 300 had different seat belt receptacles, so they should work.

I had to replace my receptacles when I went to Elise seats, since they are on a long steel cable, they would have wrapped around over my hip bone.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks Travis.

Seems like the belt rubbing on the seat is a problem from that article.

I had wondered if the recepticle would be too long. In the article it shows the recepticle popping through the hole at the bottom of the seat where I'd have thought it would have caught your hip.

If the GT3 seats don't have the holes, does the seat still get worn by the seat belt? Any GT3 owners that can comment?

Hooligan at heart.

• 2 weeks later...

My bum will not fit into the standard upholstered seats in my S4. After about 100 kms my thighs start to ache. ! So I am contemplating getting a pair of lightweight rally seats (red to match the body color) and then I would love to fit a MOMO commando steering wheel instead of my very warped GM airbag wheel.

Can someone recommend some good seat options and also tell me where or how I can get the boss modifier to get the MOMO wheel to fit the Esprit boss. Is it a simple ring with alternate hole positions and cut outs for wiring, if so i can get one machined here. (Saudi Arabia) Can anyone suggest another option for a steering wheel. I love the idea of a smaller wheel or oval wheel to give that little extra legroom.

John,

I don't know about the adapter, but you would be better off buying the real deal rather than having someone try to make one. I'm sure someone here knows the P/N of what you need. Regarding a steering wheel, I have been using a Momo Apache wheel. It is flatter at the bottom and certainly provides just a little more leg room. If you use this, you'll need to disable the air bag system and then insert a resistor into the wiring so that you don't have a constant air bag warning light. I did mine so long ago I can't remember the details, but I'm sure others here will chime in.

Thanks Neil, I have been enquiring about an adapter for some time, but no luck so far.It is not the most desperate need for my S4 right now, just one of the 999 jobs to be done!!! Got the window fixed tonight, most satisfied, off to have a glass of moonshine to celebrate. Window was jammed at the bottom, just loosened all nuts, wiggled and up she came.