Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Compomotives.... hens teeth... - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Compomotives.... hens teeth...

hopo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought theses were fitted to Capris etc I'm sure I read this, like the roof stereo that was fitted to a few other makes.

If anyone wants me to go and look at them let me know it's not far from me.

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

as aforementioned trev... its a very small market!

Tiny and most of the Esprit owners won't part with money on essential parts like the £100 for an inlet pipe so.........

Are you looking to pick up a cheap set for spares Trevor? :)

Nope, like everyone else I'll address the problem IF it EVER happens, and that's unlikely.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I found these on thew wheel santuary compomotive cxn's with the correct offset and have had a really thorough refurb . They have had a refurb and are the correct offset for the esprit. The only difference is CB 74.1 (bmw 5 series for the same era) and the width, 8" front and 10" rear which is fine by me. :thumbsup:

DSC_0051-1.jpg

No hopo I've just sat the wheels on. There are no springs in at the minute, just dampers. That rear negative Camber is just the trailing arm geometry.

I'm not sure about the 4x100 offset hut I'm sure a search on google will show something up?

How easy is it to change the size of the old esprit compo's? heres my thinking:

they are made up of 3 parts which all split... would it be simple enough to enlarge the two outer sections slightly on each of the wheels? (possibly just the rear) as this would mean that there is a plentiful supply of modern rubber to go on these wheels..

.........hey possibly even some that say GOODYEAR!!!!!!!

• Gold FFM

I looked into this - it is not that easy as you have to find the new barrels and rims which are difficult to get a hold of - I reckon it would be cheaper in the end to have Image wheels or someone to make you up a set - these would virtually identical and go for about 300-400 a wheel if I remember - which by the time you have bought your rims, barrels and bolts and had the re-assembled is fairly similar....