Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever! - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever!

benjamincalleja

Gavin -- my bad -- I thought that plate was missing from your car and that other thing was in its place. Glad to see you have the original. Not sure what I was thinking! :getmecoat:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Gavin - fantastic pictures. I enjoy the different venue of your photos and love your car.

@Benjamin - no, mine is 3rd to last in yellow and I believe #6 of the 33. I am unsure who has the last yellow. It was in the States but I believe it may be in Europe now.

Edited by wreckingball

Thanks Bibs. I thought so (jealous) from info I was reading on another forum, What a special machine and i love those 2 tone black/yellow seats. Yes, I am partial to yellow but I do enjoy other colors as well :)

Does Dan Collins still have the final RHD Esprit?

According to the "Birth Certficate" from Hethel mine is the 8th from last RHD but strangely didn't leave the production line until after the Final Seven were delivered!

My 2004 Final Run Esprit in Lotus Yellow

This whole thread is chock full of win. Makes you realize this car looks great no matter what color you throw on it. But that yellow 2004, that is ridiculous. Damn I have got to get myself one of those! Taking donations :)

• 1 month later...

According to the Turbo & S3 Service Notes, A34 is listed as 'Dark Blue (Essex),' while A36 is 'New Gold.' A16 and A17 are each listed as 'Essex Blue,' although the numbers are all different: each of the three Essex Blues are a different supplier part number, and A17 has no Lotus part number. A16's and A34's part numbers are identical except that one starts with 'A' and the other with 'B.' Now how the three visually differ from each other, I have no idea. There is also an L44 'Essex Blue' listed earlier in the code list, although it also has no Lotus part number. 'L' codes are nitro-cellulose; 'A' codes are ICI acrylic 2-pack polyurethane (which I would presume were used later than were the 'L' paints). Also A34 is listed with '+clear,' which I presume means having a clear-coat applied.

Here's my '86 in A34, accompanied by my friend Adam's '87 in A02 Black:

BMCD-2012-052-M.jpg

Often cars come with what we term "variants" which are the same colour ,,,in different batch shades .This would be the one reason why you may find different part no's for the same colour.For example Toyota have a standard silver ,199 is the code ,which has 17 variants ...of the same colour !

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Inferno Red
P4230957.JPG

Black
Lotus Yellow
Norfolk Mustard Yellow
Calypso Red
Calypso Red
Monaco White
Norfolk Mustard
IMG_3014.JPG
Lotus Yellow again
P8271398.JPG

Midnight Blue (bad camera color)
P9200014.JPG

Azure Blue
p9210212.jpg
Chrome Orange
p9210210.jpg

Arctic Silver
p9210211.jpg

Metallic Black Sport 350
p9210241.jpg

Titanium
IMG_0026.JPG

Claret
P8271400.JPG

Midnight Blue
P8271399.JPG

Deep Purple (later became Aubergine I think)
P5210377.JPG
P5210379.JPG

This one is New Aluminum I think
P5220407.JPG

Another Lotus Racing Green
P5210375.JPG
P5210376.JPG

Not the same as this Lotus Racing Green
IMG_0039.JPG
Or this Lotus Racing Green
P9181612.JPG

Or this British Racing Green
IMG_0357.jpg

Jim Clark Edition (yellow leather too)
P8271410.JPG

• Like 1

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 weeks later...

Travis, do you know what number is that Jim Clark Edition? I am wondering what happened to my #16.

p9210241.jpg

Titanium

Jim Clark Edition (yellow leather too)

P8271410.JPG

The one on the right (closest) is Pearl Yellow (only 2 Esprits ever delivered in that colour, both S4s)

The one on the left is Lotus Yellow.

The one furthest away is Norfolk Mustard.

post-428-0-77803000-1346147922.jpg