Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Grampian Transport Museum Fathers Day Event – 17th June - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Grampian Transport Museum Fathers Day Event – 17th June

I have just been talking to the curator at the Grampian Transport Museum about an event they are running on Sunday 17th June – Fathers Day.

It’s an event where dads can have a run round the track in an iconic car and they are looking for people to help out.

I think there will be a couple of Ferraris, an Aston and possibly a Lambo there and various others but it would be nice to keep the Lotus side up and provide another couple of cars.

I will be taking the GT3 and they would be particularly interested in a V8, an Evora an Exige, an Elise, a 211 or any other options.

Its only a two hour session in the afternoon ( 14:00 – 16:00) so anyone interested please give me a shout.

Cheers

Gordon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, another excuse to get backout there I'll have to pass on as in the States losing my shirt in LV. Sorry Gordon.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks Mark

There will be a few cars on the track so it gets a bit crowded at times but you can still give the car a bit of welly on the straight if you time it right.

Just dont do what the Fezzer did last year :hrhr:

Be good to give the dads a run round the track for a change rather than just the kids.

Any others want to help out ???

Ill sort it out Mark... will get back to you soon

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make this event now, are you still ok to come up for it Mark?

Any other guys like to help out????????

All that it involves is taking some dads out for a unique “Father’s day experience” and taking them for a few laps round the short oval track.

We usually take people out for about 3 or 4 laps and then pick up the next one in the queue.

The session is on from 2 – 4 pm and its pretty good fun.

Yes, Gordon, still available and looking forward to it. As long as they don't mind me being the slowest in the track.....

What other motors can we expect to see?

Do I need to 'register' or will someone be in touch?

This is for the Fathers day event Brian..... 17th June

Yes, Gordon, still available and looking forward to it. As long as they don't mind me being the slowest in the track.....

What other motors can we expect to see?

Do I need to 'register' or will someone be in touch?

I will get in touch with the museum and get them to send out details to you....can you PM me your contact details please?

They should have a list of other cars by now.

Any more Lotus cars on offer please?????

Wouldn't worry about being slow Mark. Its not meant to be a out and out speed event and as you have seen from Alan's experience last year.....Lotus cars don't always go fast round that track. :sofa:

That's right Gordon just checking to make sure we were both awake!

Cant fool me Brian. I'm as sharp as a sponge!

Not biting girls.......................... :censored::harhar:

Gordon I had been about to sponsor your attempt at being a poor dancing Dad but not so sure now for bringing that back up! :whistle:

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Not biting girls.......................... :censored::harhar:

Gordon I had been about to sponsor your attempt at being a poor dancing Dad but not so sure now for bringing that back up! :whistle:

Allan

Thanks for the sponsorship its much appreciated.

And from now on I promise I wont mention you driving over the traffic cone at SpeedFest and then blaming the power steering. :no

"Don't mention the war video.......I think I mentioned it once but I got away with it" :sofa:

Oh you are all so very droll.......... :rofl:

I've been following each witty addition but was waiting for the full house. Now I have it. Stabbed by my fellow 'Leggers' :popo:

Curse this damn digital age. Years ago it would have been forgotten by now. I wouldn't have had an electronic brain attached to the car trying to stop me making a tit of myself but in fact doing the very opposite. :driving: I suppose that this will constitute a bite so curses and damn. <gnashing of teeth :wallbash: >

Hey Allan... at least you had the balls to go for it in front of a huge crowd of people so hats off for that :clap:

Anyway, it was just your pride that was dented compared to the bloke in the Fezzer who dented a bit more than hs pride ;)

SInce Brian has sold the Elise and the Evora now, i guess that means that he retires unbeaten.....

Winner.jpg

Winner2.jpg

............you going to have a shot at the title in 2013 if we can find another contender?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what a great afternoon. Despite the deluge in Fife the skies cleared and by the time I'd got a few miles north of Dundee, the rain eased and by Alford the roads were dry as a bone. Unfortunately, on the way back Aberdeen was in monsoon season. It was biblical.

It was a very well organised event with the advance ticket holders spread across the 2 hours and 5 'queues' depending on what they wanted a ride in. Unfortunately I was teamed with a Lamborghini Gallardo convertible in bright blue so was somewhat upstaged. He was a lot busier than I was.

But I reckon I a gave over 20 rides, even a couple of kids at the end of the session, the youngest being 5, who proudly announced, when I asked him if he liked the Lotus, that his favourite car is the Audi R8!

Despite being probably the slowest on the day, the Esprit held up with no problems whatsoever apart from overheating brakes on one or two occasions and the ride back was uneventful, with nothing overheating or falling off. Result.

Other cars included TVRs - Tuscan, Cerbera and 2 Sagaris's, an original AC Cobra, F430 convertible, Caterham x2, Aerial Atom, Noble M400, Nissan GTR and the LEGS 340R with the Honda engine. Quite a turnout.

Beats finishing the bedroom wall papering any day!!!

Edited by hedgerley