Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
cant get Freescan or Espritmon to run on Windows 7 laptop - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

cant get Freescan or Espritmon to run on Windows 7 laptop

CEL light started to come on after 40secs or so, and so I decided it was time to try out some diagnostic software to try and sort the issue.

I have downloaded both Freescan and Espritmon and I cant get either to work. Freescan says there is a file error and the vehicle data window is empty. com port window is also empty, initially then pops up with COM1, but still no communication

Same with Espritmon it wont communicate with the ecu. I am using a cable with a usb connector I bought from Bibs a couple of years ago, laptop is running windows 7

If anyone can offer possible solutions in simple language I would very much appreciate it. Going to Le Mans next week so want to find and sort the CEL problem before I go.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the USB driver appear in Device manager? To access DM click Windows button then right click where it says 'Computer', select Properties. In the new windows click Device manager top right...from memory!

Look under Ports (Com & LPT), you should see USB port and in brackets what Com port has been assigned, if not you need to install the correct driver. Windows 7 has a habbit of installing the driver as some bluetooth device!

Drivers here, you need the VCP ones...

http://www.ftdichip....Drivers/VCP.htm

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Thanks James,

there is no menu item for ports in device manager? would it be under something else? last item on the list is USB controllers

James? lol

I would guess the driver has been hijacked, from memeory it wont be under USB. Are there any devices showing with an error icon next to it? maybe under other devices.

Basically need to identify where the device is installed and then update the driver with the drivers I posted earlier

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Sorry Chris, thinking of someone else.

Yes the cable is listed under devices, with no driver. I will try and download the drivers you suggested and give it a try.

cheer

Ade

OK, Download the drivers and unzip them to a folder you can find say on the desktop.

Then if you right click on the driver, click properties, then update driver and point it too the unziped folder. It will install 2 devices so you might need to point both devices to the folder on the desktop :)

Now trying this with an XP laptop and still have the same problem. I have downloaded the driver as you recommended but not sure what you mean when you say "point it too the unzipped folder" I have the driver folder unzipped on the desktop how do i proceed?

the cable appears in device manager under other devices called USB-ALDLlead-Lotus Esprit.

Now got it working, just need to read the instructions on the website, thanks again Chris for your help with my thick headed computer skills

Edited by gasmangt3

• 3 months later...