Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast meet @ Spittal of Glenshee Hotel 15th July - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast meet @ Spittal of Glenshee Hotel 15th July

Looks to have been another great turnout. Sorry I missed it after having partly having it planned round my rota but in the end I was en route to Halifax, Novia Scotia at relatively short notice. Weather over here was much nicer at a balmy 30C on arriving but as usual was thick fog by dinner time. Also will be back offshore for August meet so good luck there.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day out again Brian, thanks for organising it.

After we left Glenshee we had a run back through Braemar, along to Linn ‘O’ Dee and then dropped in at Mar Lodge.

Here are a few photos I took on route. Sorry, not all car related.

At Spital of Glenshee

Cars2-1.jpg

cars.jpg

At Braemar.

This is a memorial to Allied Air Crew lost in the second World War.

It’s an engine recovered in 1999 from the wreckage of a Wellington bomber which crashed near Braemar.

Engine.jpg

story.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Engine1.jpg

At Linn ‘O’ Dee

LinnODee.jpg

RiverDee.jpg

RiverDee2.jpg

At Mar Lodge

MarrLodge.jpg

At the Hanging Tree near Marr Lodge.

This is where the last man was hung in Scotland for sheep stealing although that was supposedly made up charge to punish Lamont of Inverey......

“.......the last Lamont laird in the Braemar district in 1591 (Lamont of Inverey) ...took part with the McIntoshes in a foraay against the

Farquharsons, who had so evilly evicted his kinsmen from Allancuaich a little before. But when law and order were restored again they invoked the criminal

authorities , instead of treating the matter as one between gentlemen, and contrived to have Lamont hanged for sheep stealing on a pine tree to the west

of Mar Lodge bridge, thereby deservedly incurring a curse which has never left them.......”

The tree is long since dead but its held up with wire ropes to preserve what’s left.

HangingTree.jpg

HangingTree2.jpg

Edited by GordonMasson

Gordon,

Your images are not displaying correctly. Think you have a forward slash "/" in the brackets.

Maybe you could sort or one of the mods can rectify.

George