Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where is Bibs' old Esprit now? - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where is Bibs' old Esprit now?

Choppa

All sorted now, water pump in, with cam belt done, and air con belt. Car goes really well. In fact lethally fast !!! Really quick car, and noisy. Actually I'd like to tone down a bit the exhaust. Any ideas? Now general tidying, cleaning, and respray. Rusty window frames too, which I mentioned on another post. Soon some photos if its nice at the weekend. Still prefer mine for road holding though. More nimble in the corners.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Eddie, use a grinder/cutter ..open the box like a can of fish .. add (wrap) some amount of wirewool/steelwool in at least two layers around the pipes inside and fix that in place with twisted stainless wire ..fill up the remained space around with mineral-wool (*Rockwool* stuff from the home depot store, or similar product that is at least certified up to around 500°C and more) ..make it as tight as possible, and add more of this .. now close the box and weld around -done !

Especially on those 'absorption type' boxes it should give you some change in sound, makes the box at least a little heavier ..but it is not agressive anymore, especially on idling and mid-rpm

(Charly C. ..the 'Shaddy' man will confirm that my V8 is a pussycat, as he calls its exhaust tone :D )

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 1 month later...

Tile for an update. After much work on the car, some parts changed, interior refreshed, engine steam cleaned, few silly issues sorted, the car sold today, for a handsome sum. My car sold yesterday. I'm sitting here, Espritless. All I can say is that the owner of ex B18LEF, has a serious piece of kit. The flame spitting exhaust, dump valve, loud exhaust impressed the buyer.

Edited by eddie111S