Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
remove front shocks - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

remove front shocks

Hello everyone front shocks going to be replaced any got the best way of doing it. Can the shock and spring be taken out as one unit. Anti roll bar is off the car. Note car will be done on the floor

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Yup - comes out as one unit, easy on the floor. Undo the top steering joint (be careful not to stress brake lines), remove top nuts, and bottom nut and bolt of assembly, bit of down pressure on the lower link, and withdraw.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

well front shocks now off. not a hard job but i would recomend along set of nut removers as most of the 13mm top mount nuts were rounded, get the silverline set as you use a spanner on them and they were easy to use as opposed to the ones that are like a socket.

the springs are very long and a not much space in between the coils i put a bar through the eye hole and attached the spring clamps to this and then into a coil about 8/10 th of the way up as the clamp part on my compressors are quite thick get them off worked a treat. pics a bit washed out. should have the replacements fitted in a couple of days.

20120625_235118.jpg

20120625_235135.jpg

be very careful with the springs! I nearly lost my face and finger when a spring slipped out of the compressor! Missed my face, but hit my right index finger and cut down to the tendon.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Well antiroll bar now on. Bit strange would only go on by putting the drivers side in 1st. Now all bolted up and just need to set the spax. Ride height looks ok but will all be reset once the front vallance and bumpers are done

• Gold FFM

Peter are you setting the ride height from the chassis at 170mm as per the Lotus Service Notes or seeing how the front valance appears ?

Looks great by the by !

Oh thanks for the link the other day...great watching and informative

Hello christopher. Im going to see how it looks 1st once the vallance and bumpers and paintwd and refitted. I have had it on the deck and to me it looked slightly lower.

All the best