Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
won - Page 2 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

won

lince

:D I can't believe I'm having to make this post.

It's looking increasingly touch and go for me :D

The Monday is the first day Parliament sits after the recess so will be mental and not a good day to be skiving off... and I may well not get permission to do so :)

SOD THE SICK PLEA ,

JUST PHONE IN ' DEAD' !!!!!!

Can I have the Bridal suite now Fishy ???

( looking forward to meeting BLOSSOM from Canada !!!!)

Mike :D:lol::D

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, Thanks guys but alas the office I work is just me and the boss!

I think he might notice if I wasn't there! I could try a cardboard but-out but iirc they're not too hot on answering phones and suck at M$ Word!

I did mention it to him again yesterday and he said "We'll see how it goes" (ie if anything is kicking off at the time) so it's possible... but by no means defininte! :lol:

Looks like Kimbers might get his hands on my Suite after all :D

Hmm, try some psychology next. Explain - if you haven't done already - the nature of the event in terms of some hobby or interest that he holds dear, and sell it on the whole work/life balance thing: i.e. just how loyal and motivated you'd be towards your progressive boss if he understood what that one day off would mean to you.

If that fails, try explaining that if his 'team' will be running round in circles catching up because it's the first day back at school, so will everyone else's therefore nobody'll get anything productive done... although I'd keep this one very much as a last resort, perhaps just short of phoning in dead :D:D

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Admit it Fishy, the real reason you're having second thoughts is because you owe me a beer and the NMEG boys a coffee :lol:

Now, I can't speak for the NMEG boys, but if it helps to secure your attendance at this great event, I'll forgoe the beer (damn, that hurt............) :D

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

:) I can't believe I'm having to make this post.

It's looking increasingly touch and go for me :(

The Monday is the first day Parliament sits after the recess so will be mental and not a good day to be skiving off... and I may well not get permission to do so :(

How come Fish? Your not Tonys successor are you?!!! :blink::(:o:):)

No, I have other, more popular aspirations! :blink:

Fawkes-764692.gif

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Only just noticed this thread.

You better be kidding me mate. I am totally relying on you with the honors list thing! And when I mentioned to a certain person what you did and who ythe boss was he got his garotte out, and that hasn't seen the light of day since mid 80's when a certain Oval badge designing person disappeared! :blink:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully someone can benefit from my misfortune.........

A few weeks ago I knackered my knee pretending to be young again playing footie - went to see a consultant on Wednesday evening (27th) and as a result have just arrived home from having an operation to remove two thirds of my anterior cruciate ligament! Doc reckons I have a 25% chance of being up to driving by the 9th but I don't want to leave it that late and then no-one else having sufficient time to make arrangements to take my place. Therefore I'll pull out now and if there is anyone still on a reserve list then they can have my slot.

I'm well p..sed off (so is my 13 year lad who was joining me) but hopefully someone else will have a great time on my behalf!

Not only will I miss the day but if I can't drive soon I'm going have to get the wife to take the Esprit for a run as it hasn't been out for 3 weeks!

Cheers

Chris

ps Fingers crossed that the event will happen again another year

Fishy that can't be right <_< YOU HAVE TO GO!!! We can phone your boss that you have been kidnapped :) Or we can actually come and kidnap you :)

I haven't even asked from my work for holiday :)(will do in next week) But it's only couple of days so Ministry Of Justice can do without me :P

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Hi Jussi.

Well I have managed to sort it out, just last week - it was a bit iffy there for a while and I really thought I was going to have to miss it :)

...but I DON'T! <_<

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Considered staying the Saturday as well to save an early start on sunday

but we just phoned the hotel and they are fully booked saturday anyway.

We are on their waiting list but if anyone knows they are going to cancel

their room then please PM me. Always planned to drive up sunday anyhow

so no big issue really.

:)

Note:

If you are ALSO on a waiting list then PM me as i don't want this action to

mean i jump the queue of any Lotus people (ordinary hotel guests i don't care).

<_<

If you are ALSO on a waiting list then PM me as i don't want this action to

mean i jump the queue of any Lotus people (ordinary hotel guests i don't care).

:)

I'm on the waiting list, but for the Sunday night !! and in 1st place so fingers crossed (although if this happens, this will mean that another esprit will not be going <_<

C U all ther

Glyn

Hi Jussi.

Well I have managed to sort it out, just last week - it was a bit iffy there for a while and I really thought I was going to have to miss it :)

...but I DON'T! :lol:

Great news then :lol:

And now I don't have to take my swat-suit with me :huh:

swat.jpg

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Great news then :lol:

And now I don't have to take my swat-suit with me :huh:

swat.jpg

Jussi - if that's you in the SWAT suit, then who's that with the red hair... Oh my god - Fishy killed Kenny! :lol:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."