Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Update - EVO - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Update - EVO

Nothing new really, just confirmation that DB's 5 model plan has been binned but what struck me was the tone. The normally optimistic and committed Lotus fans at EVO have struck a downbeat note, with rumours that even the new Esprit might be gone as well, despite other reports that DRB have signed off its completion. They do profess to have more news next month though. Intriguing.

Elsewhere Harry Metcalfe has decided to sell his 340R due to lack of use. They rarely appear on the market so if anyone is interested in Harry's favourite Elise derivative, its for sale at Paul Mattey's.

http://www.paulmattysportscars.co.uk/showroom/stock-detail.aspx?id=2698

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual press silly season.

Kick them while they're down, etc. Create a story out of nothing, don't let the truth get in the way of a "good" story etc ad nauseam

I'd be wary of lumping EVO in with the rest of the press brigade Paul. These guys know their stuff and have spent a lot of time with key personal at Lotus over the years, not to mention the cars if course, of which they are huge fans. Harry in particular remained cautiously optimistic about DB's plans and his interview with him a few issues ago was very encouraging. He came away from Hethel believing that Lotus stood a real chance of becoming a major player again, even with DRB in charge.

But this was before it went sour as far as DB is concerned of course and I guess EVO are a little on the back foot at the moment after being so positive over the past year or so.

But as they say "Development on the new Esprit, and the bespoke V8 that will power it, was already well advanced inder the supervision of the senior engineers that Bahar had recruited. As such, it will borderline tragic if the-generation Esprit does not survive the cull"

Whilst enthusiastic about all things Lotus, EVO has been critical when they felt the need and they have not fawned over them like for example Autocar have. I for one will continue to take what they say at face value.

Evo is definitely the better journo mag of them all ....... As you say Hedgerley the last proper lotus article they ran was just poor timing BUT not poor timing as they had the news and info at the time from DB ...... They didn't then know the man at the top was on thin, or no, ice ..... Is like insider trading but getting no proper 'inside' !

As a side note does anyone know how to post a 'photo' up from an iPad to start a topic ..... My neighbour rolled up with the most bizarre of unimogs and my 2-11 just happened to be out today .... Something I want to post up to support the 'happy lotus' element ..... Apologies for changing post topic!

Thanks ..... Yea they have their limitations ..... That's the iPad

I really hate using my laptop these days ....

The IPB iPhone/iPad app allows you to post pictures, if it's still available for download?!

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Ah ok, still using the old free version....although basic works OK and can attach pictures

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250