Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit and sportbikes - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit and sportbikes

ragingfool35

Mike,

There is a slim chance we may be doing Brands this season.

If we do, I'll drop you a PM.

Cheers,

Graham.

Me too Graham,

Mike :D

Edited by MKE40

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red 1989 Esprit Turbo (says "SE" but no chargecooler) and a blue/white 2001 Suzuki GSXR 750.

I track race neither. Take them apart and enjoy the challenge of improving on their design. A long while ago I worked for two summers (while doing my Masters) as a race mechanic for a Canadian Kawasaki 750 superbike privateer. Did all of the superbike engine modifications as well as most suspension tweaking. Helped out in the pits across the eastern US and Canadian region for tire changes/crash repair/re-fueling on endurance races/etc. Can't say it paid well -I was "paid" in Bridgestone tire coupons the rider won for winning production 750, superbike or open class races which I then sold for my profit- but the experience was fun.

AP

Me too Graham,

Mike :)

Will do Mike.

Donington will be good on the 11th September. Why don't the 2 of you join us for dinner at the hotel the night before. Doningtons a great track to cut your teeth on. Give it some thought. Plus you get to rub shoulders with Neil Hodgson as well.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Will do Mike.

Donington will be good on the 11th September. Why don't the 2 of you join us for dinner at the hotel the night before. Doningtons a great track to cut your teeth on. Give it some thought. Plus you get to rub shoulders with Neil Hodgson as well.

Graham.

Sorry Graham, I cant make that date in Sept - am tied up most of the month. A few years ago had a great day at Donnington with Club Lotus - 6 events including single seaters, but the best by far were the Astra GSis on the National (if thats the name of the bit of the track excluding the Melbourne loop). I'm sure its great on a bike too. Have fun....

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Ok, Well I own a Ducati 916 and a 2.5 RD350s. The RDs are in many bits awaiting assembly and will most probably be vintage by the time of completion :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi all

In addition to my V8 i also own

1989 Yamaha FZR750RR OWO1

1996 Ducati 916

2001 Aprilia RSV 1000R

2005 Yamaha R1

I've had all these from new except the OWO1 and i used to race supersport 600 back in the day!

Only ever taken a car to the Nurburgring and i was much quicker on the bike mind you a 330ci is alot slower than a sports bike!!

Hoping to take the esprit to Nurburgring this year so i'll see how i go....

Cheers Andy

Bloody hell Andy what a stunning collection! :D

I've been through 888/748/916/996x2/RSV250/ZXR750 but never had more than 1 in the collection/garage at any one time.

I could spend hours just standing in your garage mate :lol:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

1996 Ducati 916

2001 Aprilia RSV 1000R

2005 Yamaha R1

Cheers Andy

:lol:

NICE!

all prized scooters in that collection

ah the OWO1! pretty special back in the day

let me know which you are faster on

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

I rekon the RSV is quickest on the track ( Ducati best for wheelies) its got all ohlins suspension and the bike suits my style. I did the nurburgring in 8'30sec on it, I just went last month on the R1 and its quick almost to powerful i've given up timing laps there cause it encourages you to go to quick on the bits where your slow and hence you will crash! A crash at the ring generally means hospital! I did get 189mph on the R1 just wouldn't get the 190 .189mph for ages on the autobahn,grr

cheers Andy

Hi all

1996 Ducati 916

2001 Aprilia RSV 1000R

2005 Yamaha R1

I've had all these from new except the OWO1 and i used to race supersport 600 back in the day!

Only ever taken a car to the Nurburgring and i was much quicker on the bike mind you a 330ci is alot slower than a sports bike!!

Cheers Andy

Fantastic collection. Equal twins and fours. Any preferences? I prefer the bigger torque lower revving twins, but you've got a couple real screamer fours as well so that cant be your thing. How do you decide what to ride?

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

cheers Mike its a tricky decision! I prefer the twins as i'm not a mad rever!! Its hard to get my head round the R1 13750rpm redline!

I'm not getting much riding at the moment worked to hard last month and now i'm on hols and the GF's parents are staying :lol: . To make it worse the esprit is off the road , i'm wating for my new exhaust and i've got the plenum off changing the leads and fitting dump valves

cheers Andy

• 3 months later...

I started riding offroad when I was 5 & didn't start street riding untill I was 28 or something like that. Anyways, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 & presently a 2006 harley ultra classic is all I have owned on the street. I do want to get a sport bike one of these days however even though these things are slow underpowered, overweight I am kind spoiled being able to play CD's & listen to XM. Another plus is at least every 2 years I trade it in on a new one & it costs me $42.35 thus I cannot complain.

The only track stuff I do with my street bike is the equivelant of auto-x /solo II or whatever it's called. I am in the shrine (masons) & every year we have a national & regional competition which our unit competes. So far every time I have competed I have won.

I also have a 86 tt 225 & a 99 yz 400f that I do motorcross riding with.

Currently own Kawasaki ZRX 1200r - a big arm stretching mucsle machine.

Had

Yam RXS100 (2 stroke top learner bike. Got 72mph out of it)

Honda CX500 (plastic pig - my first ton up machine)

Yam XJ600 Diversion (sensible commuter!)

No picture of bike on its own (must sort that out, but here it is, the green one by the millau bridge during my euro tour this summer.

3000 miles in two and half weeks. My bum did hurt!

A. :)

I have been through:

- Aprilia RS125 SP

- Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja (1997)

- Triumph Daytona 955i (2000)

- Ducati 998 (2002)

Now I am without a bike, but being in Japan I might indulge myself purchasing a Honda RC45, always a favorite of mine.

Ah, I am close to putting down the deposit for the new Ducati 1098...

I have been through:

- Aprilia RS125 SP

- Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja (1997)

- Triumph Daytona 955i (2000)

- Ducati 998 (2002)

Now I am without a bike, but being in Japan I might indulge myself purchasing a Honda RC45, always a favorite of mine.

Ah, I am close to putting down the deposit for the new Ducati 1098...

sweet, rc45!

a couple of guys in Daytona had rc30s back in the day.

where in Japan are you?

I keep going to Sanda-shi a couple of hundred klicks from Osaka

dig those tiny chicks there!

chris

90SE

Hi all

1996 Ducati 916

2001 Aprilia RSV 1000R

2005 Yamaha R1

Cheers Andy

`Yeah, Andy!

As my tagline says, I also own a 1995 Ducati 916. Been thinking about getting an mV Agusta F4.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Hey ragingfool35, I live in Tokyo, but probably not for much longer...

oh my

doing any Tokyo Drifting?

could you hook me up with a cute Japanese girl?

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

eehe, no sorry, I hate drifting...

As for girls, I know a fair amount, but then again I am married :)

get busy then!

my contact info is on my website for their convenience

chris

90SE

hehe... anyway, I've always loved the triumph daytona 600 :) angular, like a giugiaro B) but don't own one

triumph_daytona600_34_.jpg

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7