Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 26 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

I live near warrington, so i headed down the A55 then turned off at Junc 27. There is a few small villages to get through first on this route then it opens up into a very scenic route with lowish speed challenges, you have to be careful at some points as there is lots of sheep at the road side but you don't need to go above 60mph on this section to test yourself and the car.

17468114824_f5e8521ae6_b.jpgExige by Thomas Cunningham, on Flickr

17905124089_da43809553_b.jpgThomas Cunningham.jpg by Thomas Cunningham, on Flickr

This road goes past the above reservoir and leads to Bala where i then take the road around Bala lake and onto Porthmadog. This is one of my favourite roads when it is quiet.  :smoke: A good 15 to 20 miles of challenging high speed road. I then often go to Criccieth castle for some fish and chips at the chippy right next to the castle, just past the famous ice cream place. I would challenge you to find better fish and chips anywhere in the UK.  :unworthy:

I then normally would do a quick blast down to Barmouth but this depends on the day of the week as it can be high speed and touristy which isn't the greatest mix. 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great pics Tom, glad you are enjoying your V6.

Looks as though I will have to visit Criccieth Castle for some fish and chips and then ice cream  :ice:

Great pics Tom, glad you are enjoying it !

Si

That was after spending 5 hours (including a 2 hour trip in the back of a car transporter) on bank holiday Monday looking for rear tyres in North Wales. I am going to refrain from turning this into another one of my V6 Tyre rants threads.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

It is my MSG one. I was just faffing about with the Nik silver fx pro editing. From some angles the V6 looks even better than the previous Exiges. Obviously i am biased but i can count on one hand the number of cars that look better than the Exige from this angle and they cost considerably more.  :unworthy:

Yes it's not a great pic but it was taken at the Porsche Colchester Sunday meet today and shows how much more attention these plastic cars get than something German. Ridiculous really! The evora next parking up next door was entirely coincidental too!

post-18361-0-18641700-1433072111.jpg

A few quick pictures of my new toy, collected last week.

Loving lotus ownership so far. I can't wait to get the first service out of the way so I can really open her up.

And I can't believe the amount of attention my little grey car gets on the road. People literally stop and stare.

Hopefully the images upload ok as I'm doing this from my phone

post-18893-0-76642400-1433266965.jpg

post-18893-0-22889100-1433266998.jpg

post-18893-0-46626400-1433267032.jpg

post-18893-0-43975500-1433267096.jpg

Great colour! You're right, these things attract attention - It's the small children jumping up and down with excitement I find amusing...

Very cool Crouchy, congrats. Love the interior too.

They get loads of attention....

I drove through a neighbouring village today and had to laugh at the young lads shouting 'Mummy, mummy....look ....look at the car...!'

Just like my own 9 year old lad does when he sees someone else's.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Great colour! You're right, these things attract attention - It's the small children jumping up and down with excitement I find amusing...

Looks great Dan,

You'll get used to folk staring - I fact when you get into something 'normal' (Cayman or 911) it'll will feel strange that nobody's looking

A few quick pictures of my new toy, collected last week.

Loving lotus ownership so far. I can't wait to get the first service out of the way so I can really open her up.

And I can't believe the amount of attention my little grey car gets on the road. People literally stop and stare.

Hopefully the images upload ok as I'm doing this from my phone

My favourite colour on the V6 exige! Same as my Dad's V6 Cup was, looked great and was even taken to the Goodwood Festival of Speed as Lotus wanted to change up the colour scheme a bit. Got loads of attention as you can imagine!

Do they really get that much attention? I didn't seem to get too much in my old S2 Exige but think I might not get away with it with the new one...

Yes they get a lot more attention than I was expecting. I purposely went for a subtle colour so I could blend in a bit but that seems to have failed. With the yellow paint and noisy exhaust yours is going to get everyone looking.

Do they really get that much attention? I didn't seem to get too much in my old S2 Exige but think I might not get away with it with the new one...

You won't!

Yes they get a lot more attention than I was expecting. I purposely went for a subtle colour so I could blend in a bit but that seems to have failed. With the yellow paint and noisy exhaust yours is going to get everyone looking.

Subtle colour? Are you serious? That amazingly unusual grey? Big fail I think!!! Enjoy the attention...

• Like 1

Subtle colour? Are you serious? That amazingly unusual grey? Big fail I think!!! Enjoy the attention...

To lotus people and possibly "car people" it may be an unusual colour but to the average person on the street I thought it might at least not scream look at me. The other colours I were thinking about were toxic/isotope/krypton green or Porsche riviera blue so it's a bit more subtle than those. :)

I am thinking of getting either a full 2bular or full Larini next month so I guess all subtlety will be lost then anyway.

Edited by Crouchy

Yes Chris, masses. I think my car had more pics taken of any that were at the meeting on Sunday aside from a bright red aventador. Ridiculous. And with yours having a shouty exhaust on it as well... It's all been positive though, thumbs up from other drivers that sort of thing.