Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 40 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using a Garmin Virb XE with the Auto Racing bundle. The camera has built-in GPS and G meters and also comes with a separate OBD II data relay sensor that connects to the camera via Bluetooth. The OBD II connector collects the RPM, Speed, throttle, load and other data from the car. Other sensors can be added too, such as a heart monitor. I got the camera on eBay from the USA.

The software is VIRB Edit, which is the software for the camera. I then custom designed the background and gauges. The track map is automatically created by the GPS data collected by the camera. The lap times are created by setting an initial start point on a lap and the software does the rest.

It was the first time I used the camera on track and I was pretty impressed. The actual video footage is not quite as good as a GoPro however I found the camera a lot easier to operate. Also, the additional data collected more than makes up for the small difference in video quality. The GPS did get a little lost a couple of times, but with the camera mounted on the harness bar I was always concerned that the GPS data could be interrupted.

• Like 1

On 24 August 2016 at 08:18, GlowRed said:

A picture at Donington Park going through the Craner Curves. I'm sure the steering wheel is not meant to be pointing that way :)

Donington.png

Where is the camera mounted? As that looks perfect. I had to put my gopro on the windscreen, as looked like the best spot at the time. 

The camera is mounted on the harness bar. Initially I didn't have a harness bar and mounted the camera in the same location using a suction cup on the rear window. If you have a GoPro set it to Spot mode in settings. 

If you type glowred into youtube you will find my channel and can see some of my track day videos, I haven't uploaded the Donington Park video yet.

I use the suction mount on the rear screen with the camera inverted and get a similar view.

You can then plug into the 12v socket too and not worry about the battery going flat 

As mentioned previously turn spot metering on.

Edited by Alex L
  • Like 1

:thumbup:

I know the GT3RS was being driven by a learner but it wasn't walking away on the straights either. I tried to follow one at the Nordschliefe it disappeared out of sight!

If you watched yesterday's F1 race, you will have seen the "tire pile" at the top of Eau Rouge get a bit modified.:cry:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

16 hours ago, Stubox said:

Nice vid :) interesting watching the R8, assume that was a v10 the way it pulled on the straight....

ive lost track but how modified is your car now Jokke?

Yes V10

Mods on my Exige

- baffled sump

- front spoiler cup R

- +\- 380 HP (depending air temp)

- nitron suspension 

That's it :)

Edited by Jokke Vlo

2 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Yes V10

Mods on my Exige

- baffled sump

- front spoiler cup R

- +\- 380 HP (depending air temp)

- nitron suspension 

That's it :)

Thanks! You're carrying some impressive speed in those videos :)

Black n gold

1 minute ago, French Frie said:

so, it is the EX370 upgrade ? 

390 but as said it depends a lot with air temp.

With fresh air the car can do 2.45-2.44 with hot air 2.46-2.48 so full 2 seconds diff.

standard set up I did 2.48 (350hp)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=dcbeb3aa7750e125Check Komotec website :)

Data from last trip at Spa. I count that 1 sec above ideal laptime is possible (per experience). So high 2.44 is possible with no traffic and sub 20degree temp.

I forgit to mention the car has an LSD but I don't recoomend this, it pushes the car too much in understeer !

image.jpeg

Edited by Jokke Vlo
  • Like 1

I did :blush: ...

Our EX390-Kit consists of:

-Stainless steel exhaust manifold with optimised pipe lengths

-K&N Sports air filter

-optimised engine management (ignition/injection and cam timing)

-Sports catalyzer (main catalyzer)

-Fitting