Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 29 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

Tom, okay for the pic to go on the LF1 facebook page?

It's deceptive. There is more space than the photo suggests. I've parked my dad's Porsche 911 GTS (with the wide body) in there and got out without too many problems :)

Edited by ChrisBuer
  • Like 2

The stance looks fantastic Imran.

Nitrons? How does it ride in comparison to the stock Eibach/Bilstein set-up?

I can feel the grip on my wallet relaxing...again..

The stance looks fantastic Imran.

Nitrons? How does it ride in comparison to the stock Eibach/Bilstein set-up?

I can feel the grip on my wallet relaxing...again..

Thanks Dean.

It took some time to get the ride height just right for what I wanted, I know Nitron had to customise the standard Nitron setup but from what I'm hearing this is the 'new norm' for their non lotus oem setup as other owners have also requested a lower stance which can't be achieved with the oem Nitrons... Well not to the level I've been able to get anyway.

For me the car now sits right and looks soo much better for it... Standard ride height just looks odd to me.

In terms of a comparison today was the first time back out on track both with the Nitrons and new Geo with increased camber.

Unfortunately the heavens opened so will feedback once I've had a proper outing as I think it's too early to call at the moment.

www.alias23.com

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. It's the Coupe, but you can remove the hardtop in 5 minutes, just some screws. Nothing Lotus wants. But Lotus sold me a Softtop together with this car and my official Lotus dealer fitted it.

But it's recommended not driving full speed without hardtop. So 240 km/h is my limit in summer ;)

And it's unclear if this is legal or not, but probably no police men has ever seen any real Lotus here in Germany, no problem ;)

Yes. It's the Coupe, but you can remove the hardtop in 5 minutes, just some screws. Nothing Lotus wants. But Lotus sold me a Softtop together with this car and my official Lotus dealer fitted it.

But it's recommended not driving full speed without hardtop. So 240 km/h is my limit in summer ;)

And it's unclear if this is legal or not, but probably no police men has ever seen any real Lotus here in Germany, no problem ;)

I drove through Germany a short while ago. So I did some testing ;) ...  I discovered the limiter is set at 240km/h in a Roadster.

I don't think driving with the hardtop off is the problem, rather driving with the soft top on :D 

In many ways roof off is actually less scary than soft top on!

At 230+km/h, you start to see daylight between the roof and the windscreen frame, and I was more than a little worried it might fly off!!!   With the roof off, it is very noisy, but the car felt perfectly stable, and if anything more stable as speed went up.  (Of course the aero will be subtly different because of the spolier, so I look forward to your max roof off speed report ;)

I totally agree. The soft top makes me scary at 230-240 kmh, so you don't want to drive faster.

And without the soft top the noise is unbelievable, so I don't want to drive faster than 200 without it, but the car is very stable in any condition.

The soft-top is a 20 years old construction, never thought for this speed. But hey...that's part of the Lotus adventure.  And in Autumn i will install the roof again. My top-speed with roof was 261 km/h, I couldn't drive faster because of the traffic. It gets very loud again then, even with roof.

So, the Exige S Coupe isn't a typical or perfect Autobahn-racer although it's extremely fast. The fun ist how this car accelerates in any condition.

Edited by Blue1000
  • Like 1

Mmmh....although this color looks much better, you switched from a Exige S to a Exige S.

Why exactly ? There's no noticeable difference in driving. I'd understand buying a Exige 360 or Cup or the upcoming Exige 400.

Congrats anyway !

Edited by Blue1000