Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 36 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

On 3 May 2016 at 15:08, mbes2 said:

Saturday morning, already covered 400 miles in her now... going well... enjoying the change from the VX

Get some pics up on org! Would be interested to hear your views on the comparisons, you had a stage 4 tubby before I think I recall?

Future wish list - Exige V6

1 hour ago, Denno said:

Get some pics up on org! Would be interested to hear your views on the comparisons, you had a stage 4 tubby before I think I recall?

Hi ya,

The power delivery is very different, my vx had around 330bhp/350ft-tq (920kg) which I notice the pull in the higher gears is definitely missing in the v6.

Dropping to 3rd in the v6 feels like 5th is the vx.

I enjoy the driving experience in the v6 more as it's more a road car, the vx was setup more for track.

I used to trailer my vx even tho it was road legal. The last few years only used it on the road a handful of times after going more track focused.

I miss the wack of power at 2000 rpm but the v6 is much easier to drive and doesn't feel like it's going to kill me on the road.

Very much looking forward to taking the v6 on track, which will be the vx national event in July then goodwood after that.

It feels a bigger car on the road, which I like.. and gets more attention I'm sure.

I have a very nice well set up vx at the moment, not quite at the power of your old one but not a million miles off. I've loved the V6 since it was realised but have had my vx over 9 years so Im quite attached to it! The difference to change to a V6 is between £25-35k, as someone who has now done that do you think it's worth the premium over your old car?

Future wish list - Exige V6

@Johnny: I saw this decals a year ago on the car of a guy at the Facebook Exige Owners Group. They're made by a UK Company... but sorry,  I can't remember the Name of the company. He ordered the decals and sent it to me.

Hi Dean,

thanks! This was just a regular track day at Bilster Berg - www.bilster-berg.de ... They require transponders also on track days because of their noise limit concept and enforcement. They measure drive by noise on track and connect noise measurement and car id with the help of the transponder...

Cheers

Norbert

The track was just build in 2013 ... and it was very difficult for them to get a permit. They had no other choice than that... lot of cars there (Ferrari Speciale and GT3s etc... ) with add on noise reduction kits ... w/o they run the risk of getting black flagged ... I am glad that I do not have to deal with that ;-) the standard exhaust is fine ...

55 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Hi Dean,

thanks! This was just a regular track day at Bilster Berg - www.bilster-berg.de ... They require transponders also on track days because of their noise limit concept and enforcement. They measure drive by noise on track and connect noise measurement and car id with the help of the transponder...

Cheers

Norbert

Intersting, I'm at Blister Berg in August, how do you fit the transponder?

Don't worry - they will supply you with cable straps ... its a bit a of a fiddle but with the help of those the transponder can be attached to the grill.

When in August are you going? The track is only 1.5h from where I live... I might be going as well ... its a great track - you won't regret it... 

They employ the same system on the Nordschleife on the private trackdays I attend (Destination Nurburgrin events), but we're able to attach them inside the car.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

They employ the same system on the Nordschleife on the private trackdays I attend (Destination Nurburgrin events), but we're able to attach them inside the car.

Not possible at Bilster Berg... it has to be outside ... 

15 minutes ago, Bibs said:

_5090758.jpg.3f3004375e4fccc86d28e4afb7461755.jpg

Thanks Bibs!!! Looks much better now ;-) 

9 hours ago, NW76 said:

When in August are you going? The track is only 1.5h from where I live... I might be going as well ... its a great track - you won't regret it... 

Going with Lotus-On-Track, Thursday 11 August