Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF at the Classic Car Show - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF at the Classic Car Show

Laura

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This year, our fifth consecutive year at the Classic Motor Show was a terrific weekend and great fun, made even more so by the people who came and helped out. We probably had our best weekend ever there in terms of people on the stand over the 3 days and interest in the cars was huge.

On behalf of TLF, thanks guys and girls for giving us your time, your cars, your company and your help to make such a terrific show and to display not only a super bunch of cars but also what a friendly and knowledgeable group of people that Lotus owners and enthusiasts are. You did the club, the marque and yourselves very proud, thank you :)

Thanks to Rum Cliff, Steve, Marina, Dave, Plumber Gary, Matt, Chris, Bitch Ben, Liam, Martyn, Martin, Dave & Anita :thumbsup:

PS We don't get a trophy for 2nd place, each category gets a 'runners up' mention before the winner is announced. From what I remember in my fairly well oiled state, the fact we've grown so quickly as a club in terms of member/visitor numbers was a significant reason for our accolade.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It was a good weekend and an honour to represent the second best club :thumbsup:

Just to let you know I managed to get out of the show without being sold anymore items such as miracle cloths, pens, tin snips, rhubarb tubs or 4 point car lifts. (although I was tempted by the rhubarb tub)

Just a note to say I am also supplementing my plumbing empire with a bit of shoe cleaning with a special TLF discount - if you have one shoe cleaned I will do the other one for 50% off (please show membership card when redeeming offer)

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Well done everyone, great weekend, nice to put faces with names, the support

was fantastic, a big thanks to Bibs and Laura for organising.

post-10519-0-81416700-1353340343.jpg

Oh yes even the Stig :unworthy: got in on the act.. He insisted on visiting our TLF stand.. :thumbsup:

he did .. :yes: ......really... :whistle:

post-10519-0-17536100-1353339513.jpg

post-10519-0-00878000-1353339535.jpg

Yes i know he's put a bit of weight on......But he can still fit in an Esprit.. :happy dance:

thanks again ..

Dave..

Thank you to Bibs & Laura for organising a great event. We had a fantastic weekend meeting all you guys and great company in the evenings too

I think the show was a great success with several new full forum members enrolled :thumbsup:

We even managed to get home in under 3 hrs including a dinner & fuel stop :evil:

The only downside was being fleeced by a few of the taxi drivers but hey ho. One of them even kept driving up & down the motorway & wanted to give me & Ben a good fisting :lol:

Great weekend :thumbsup: . Good to talk to so many people over the weekend. Thanks to Bib's and Laura for organising everything. I've not been able to make the pervious two years for various reasons, but I have to say the flow of people though the stand was much higher than when I was there the first year and many more people were showing genuine interest and asking questions as well.

Martyn :welcome:

Nice to see you again Dan :thumbup:

From the organisers:

We had a massive turnout for this year's Classic Motor Show. Early calculations show the 2012 number of visitors to be 58,000. This is a conservative figure and could be closer to 60,000 when the final count is confirmed. (2011 figure was 50,000). This is the highest figure ever. Show also had best opening day ever.

Quote from Andy Rouse, Show Manager: “We are totally blown away by the number of visitors for this year. It’s exceeded all our expectations and reflects the growth and strength of the classic motoring movement. Feedback from the clubs, traders and visitors has been fantastic. The new layout worked well and we’ll use any feedback to develop the show for 2013. With a show of this scale and with the number of visitors attending, its always our priority to improve the way visitors can move around the show to enjoy all the exhibits.”

The inaugural Silverstone Auction total sale value: £1.1m with over 60% converted to new owners. Post auction deals are still under discussion. The Fiat 500’s, both guided below £8,000 each made over £15,000. The Aston Martin DB4 reached £224,000. A fantastic price, albeit a beautiful car.

Number of Dream Rides given during the show: gave approx 1,000 rides and raised £30,000 plus gift aid which should give a minimum final total of £35,000.

The Bears reached the million pound target after a £20 donation for a ride in a Bristol from dream ride regular Colin Padley from Dagenham. From small donations over the years Colin has donated £1,000 so fitting he won a ride around Silverstone in a Ferrari racing car.

Winner of Meguiar's Club Showcase final: 1962 Volkswagen Beetle 1200 Deluxe owned by Wayne McCarthy from Ireland. Only five points separated the top four.

Wheeler Dealer Live Stage with Mike Brewer and Edd China – restored a 1960 Morris Minor Pick Up.

Special guests: Sir Stirling Moss, TT Riders Guy Martin and Mick Grant, Red Dwarf star Chris Barrie, comedian Steve Coogan, actress Natalie J Robb, Dragon’s Den star Theo Paphitis and Motoring Journalists/presenters Quentin Wilson and Tiff Needell.

2013 dates – 15-17 November 2013.

Amount of floor space – 82,000 square metres (last year 70,000)

Halls: 11 (Halls 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, and 20)

Number of clubs: 250

Number of cars: approx. 1,500

Number of bikes: approx. 300

Number of Exhibitors: over 520.

Number of Car Dealers: approx 43

I had a great weekend, thanks to Bibs and Laura for organising the stand, it looked fantastic.

It was great having my car on the stand, I was so proud. Thanks for a great weekend.

If there is anything I can do ever to help TLF please Just ask :thumbsup:

Matt

PS Jake voted your the Best Stand @ the NEC :sorcerer:

The more the merrier :yes:

It was great having my car on the stand, I was so proud.

Would you be even more proud if your car made it into the Octane article?

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/news/eventnews/287182/footman_james_classic_motor_show_2012.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters

car_photo_554374_25.jpg