Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how many here are bikers - Page 11 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

how many here are bikers

troy21

One day I arrived home on my motorbike and my neighbour was in his garden with his six year old grand daughter (these were pre-Covid times) and the little girl was clearly fascinated by the bike. She looks up at me and asks “can girls ride motorbikes?” I said yes, of course girls can ride motorbikes, but you’re going to have to wait until you’re a bit older. “How old are you?” she asks. I said err, well how old are you? “six and a half” she says. I said well, I’m older than six and a half.

She looks at me, sighs, and said “I know that, you’re an adult”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2021 at 11:00, jerzybondov said:

Doing my first track outing in my Evora at Snetterton on the 29th April. Really looking forward to it. Am more used to going round there on a bike! They really are cheap on brakes and tyres :D

downloadz_100820_11987_snetterton.thumb.jpg.2d5f5ceefe5c97f2269095abf9882f7a.jpg

downloadz_100820_11343_snetterton.thumb.jpg.c570113bb71f5e3e113f9961d7155932.jpg

Off topic - but how do you find the blade sp? (That might be an SP2?)

Thinking about one but also tempted to give RSV4 a try after a number of Hondas in the past.

26 minutes ago, Five50 said:

Thinking about one but also tempted to give RSV4 a try after a number of Hondas in the past.

It's a 2019 Blade SP, which funnily enough I've just sold as I never quite bonded with it the same way I did with my old 2006 Blade. Yes the newer bike was faster, turned quicker, braked better and was objectively better in pretty much every way, but I just never felt quite as 'at one' with it as I do with the old bike. Was 3 seconds faster round Bedford on the SP than the RR6 but no quicker round Donington - all the time I gained on a lap I lost to the older bike round the two hairpins at the end of the lap where I just wasn't comfortable enough to carry the speed. 

Test rode a new S1000RR last year and was massively impressed with how capable it was as a road bike, so narrowed down the replacement to the BMW or an RSV4. Managed to go and test ride a 2020 RSV4 a few weeks ago - OMG does it sound incredible, but it's bloody stiff and extremely uncompromising. Also on track if you have an off it'll be bloody expensive as those wings will tear off the fairings and obviously bungs are redundant. So the BMW it was! Have only had it a few weeks and managed a couple of road rides but I think I've made the right choice. A few £k extra over what you can pick a 17-19 Blade SP for though so you do pay for the privilege. Will probably be taking the old bike to Snett in a couple of weeks as I need to get the eye back in at the start of the season and better on old trusty! 

Gratuitous pics of the old blade in action :D And apologies to the OP for going OT. 

MAS-200722-MSVT-DP-(2518).thumb.jpg.335227619c544bda4f9b1aba1fa24fbc.jpgPR_190504_MSVT_BA_0816_sm.jpg.954b7736d71a49abce43ca15373f81c3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the bike update, all good info. Congrats on the S1000RR.

I have not ridden the 06-07 but did have a 954 and an 09 back in the day.

The BMW is obvs a great bike and I’d like to like them - but it feels like a stretch to the bars for me and not so comfortable.

looking at getting back into it after some time out of the saddle and wondering which way to go. The Hondas always seemed to fit me well and assumed the Aprilia would as generally considered to be compact. 

The 06-07 always looked great and is obvs a bit of a deal now. You think one would be a disappointment vs newer stuff or not so much?

Edited by Five50
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Five50 said:

Thanks for the bike update, all good info. Congrats on the S1000RR.

I have not ridden the 06-07 but did have a 954 and an 09 back in the day.

The BMW is obvs a great bike and I’d like to like them - but it feels like a stretch to the bars for me and not so comfortable.

looking at getting back into it after some time out of the saddle and wondering which way to go. The Hondas always seemed to fit me well and assumed the Aprilia would as generally considered to be compact. 

The 06-07 always looked great and is obvs a bit of a deal now. You think one would be a disappointment vs newer stuff or not so much?

No I don’t think any bike of that era would be a disappointment next to modern stuff. For road riding I’d almost say an RR6/7 or GSXR K5/6 are better than the new stuff - everything now is designed for lap time and as a result is bastard stiff - the BMW least so but the RR6 still significantly more comfortable. And PLENTY fast enough, even on track. 

You get more mechanical interaction with the old stuff, yes there’s no QS or slipper clutch or TFT screen, but unless you’re chasing tenths how much does any of that mean? Get a nice pipe on an older bike and it just has personality that the newer stuff doesn’t. 

Only reason I got the Blade SP and now the S1000RR is that on track I’d like to minimise the chances of (another) whoopsie and the various electronics do mitigate that. You never use them on the road unless you’re riding like an absolute dick in which case something else will have you off anyway!

if you do go for a bike from that golden era of the mid-late noughties try and get the best and most cherished you can, it’s worth it and will be appreciating from this point onwards too. Unless you just want it as a track slag!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Oh yes..  It is my appreciation of small, light, fast, engaging vehicles that brought me to Lotus.

Currently have a Fireblade SP2 and an MV Agusta Dragster RR - my babies.

20201116_145421.thumb.jpg.5ac21e92684dd6cb17989504052303ad.jpg

IMG_20210403_112054_683.thumb.jpg.0af9358ff67684d7afd47148b67a288c.jpg

I have a hobby vlogging on YouTube. Would value all and any support!

I am in Surrey, near Weybridge if anybody fancies meeting up to talk bikes and Loti.

https://youtube.com/c/whichbike_com

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

Oh yes..  It is my appreciation of small, light, fast, engaging vehicles that brought me to Lotus.

I am in Surrey, near Weybridge if anybody fancies meeting up to talk bikes and Loti.

Well I'll be. I am also in Surrey, near Weybridge and have a FireBlade and SP-2 (and a few others).

“You can’t have too many bikes"

2 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Well I'll be. I am also in Surrey, near Weybridge and have a FireBlade and SP-2 (and a few others).

Blimey, we must have heard/seen each other at some point!!

Send me a PM and when the rain clears we can go out to play :)

• 2 months later...
On 31/03/2021 at 17:34, Five50 said:

Cool, SP1 or SP2?

9 hours ago, Neal H said:

New bike day is always a good day 😀

0E4C9E0D-68B2-4C61-A068-62AA28CD3C5E.jpeg

Nicest livery too. Such comfy bikes and good at everything.

Congrats.

• Like 1

Good to know that there are a few bikers in the Lotus fraternity😎

I probably prefer bikes to cars if truth be told 😮and have an S1000RR M sport, a Street Triple 765RS and my baby an immaculate 2000 Yamaha YZF R1 in the garage at the moment. Mrs W has a Ducati Monster I play with from time to time too.

Edited by Washy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Washy said:

Good to know that there are a few bikers in the Lotus fraternity😎

I probably prefer bikes to cars if truth be told 😮and have an S1000RR M sport, a Street Triple 765RS and my baby an immaculate 2000 Yamaha YZF R1 in the garage at the moment. Mrs W has a Ducati Monster I play with from time to time too.

Nice selection! I’ve got the same S1000RR as you and a 2007 Blade at the moment. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I rode out to Newlands corner and Rykas in Surrey at some speed and somebody pointed out this on my rare tyre!

Blimey - I have never ridden the MBV so slowly back home.

New tyre going on today. 

20210904_153738.thumb.jpg.79e89eca6b94a67869e3dab8812ba041.jpg