Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classics in Queen Sq, Bristol, every month meet - UK - South West England - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classics in Queen Sq, Bristol, every month meet

This mellow meeting has been running for 3 or 4 years now. The second Sunday of every month in Queen Sq, Bristol, anywhere between 3 (when there was snow & I was one of the 3) and around 100 classic-sports cars get together to have a coffee & a chat.

Cars start arriving just before 9am & people start leaving about 12, its the most chilled out meet I've ever been to, you never know what will turn up, a Ferrari California is parked next to an Austin A40, a GT40 next to a Beetle, In the last 4 years or so I've been going I've only seen one other Esprit.

Its on this Sunday so though I'd mention it here, I'm sure I posted about it years ago but it would be
great to see a few others if anyone's free. Here's photos of every car from every meet to wet your appetite

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theavenuedriversclub/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Hi Gary

Long time no hear. My old office where I worked many years ago is Queens Square, Bristol. Guessing Friends Provident don't exist there anymore lol. Still get to Bristol to see the relies occationally, so I'll have to try to coincide it one month.

Good to hear from you.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi Ian, yes def pop up, be good to catch up. With our 2 &1/2 year old Jack we have only been doing about 1k miles per year for the last few years in the Esprit, need a 3 seater...however its going to get worse, another little one due in around a weeks time, due on the 16th!  :shock:

• Gold FFM

Evora 2+2? No?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Hi Ian, yes def pop up, be good to catch up. With our 2 &1/2 year old Jack we have only been doing about 1k miles per year for the last few years in the Esprit, need a 3 seater...however its going to get worse, another little one due in around a weeks time, due on the 16th!  :shock:

Congrats matey - you are going to have ya hands full soon then. Give it another 2-3 years and Jack'll be asking for Esprit rides.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I heard about this from a Triumph owner on the bus home last month... I'll make sure I get to one of these this spring and say hello, the photos looks like a great mix.

Just need to refit my rear brakes first, if this sodding weather would ease up... a couple of hours out in the rain today wasn't enough!

Hi Garry long time no hear.Sorry sold My S1 to the States,managed to pay some of the mortgage off and buy two S4's,sold one and I am doing up a yellow one like yours.Hope fully we can arrange to meet up there sometime soon.Cheers.

Hi Garry long time no hear.Sorry sold My S1 to the States,managed to pay some of the mortgage off and buy two S4's,sold one and I am doing up a yellow one like yours.Hope fully we can arrange to meet up there sometime soon.Cheers.

Hi Paul, thought I had first shout if you were selling your S1! Sounds like you got a very good price for it, shame it didnt stay in the UK, its was quite unique that car, you had it a few years so it must have been hard giving it up.

I'm sure we'll bump into each other this year, either at a Queen sq meet or around Weston, be good to catch up mate. 

Great,look forward to it.I have to say that the S4 is flippin fantastic,what a car.The S1 is the car to have but after driving the S4 I won't be buying one to drive,maybe to collect though.

Slapping a turbo to the 4 pot does make quite a difference!  :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gary,  again long time no see mate, would be good to catch up at one of these meets.  The GT3 is off the road at the moment as she blew an oil cooler a few weeks ago, got all the bits now to replace it, but what a B of a job.  Then next week it is the manifold to do which I am replacing with an Alunox stainless one along with a few other upgrades.  Congrats on the new arrival mate, say hi to Mary for us.

Hi Gary,  again long time no see mate, would be good to catch up at one of these meets.  The GT3 is off the road at the moment as she blew an oil cooler a few weeks ago, got all the bits now to replace it, but what a B of a job.  Then next week it is the manifold to do which I am replacing with an Alunox stainless one along with a few other upgrades.  Congrats on the new arrival mate, say hi to Mary for us.

Sorry to hear its off the road, at least it will be perfect for the summer, ive been watching the progress of the new manifolds, I'm on my 2nd SW Lotus one so not keen on another if this last one goes. 

We had another boy back on the 21st Feb, Mary & George doing well, Jack is a perfect big brother so all is good down here, the tribe is growing! It would really be good to catch up, if your ever down this way then give me a shout. Good to her from you mate & hope you & Gina are well.

Well that will teach me. The first time i've not washed the car & theres a spotless mustard GT3 at the meet, made mine look terrible! Great chatting with you Andy & your car looks great, hope to catch up again at a few meets later in the year.  :thumbsup:

Really good turn out, everything from a 430 Scud to vintage 1930 stuff, twas a bit chilly though so roll on summer.

• 1 month later...

Dare I say Banana sandwich, what a great meeting place, great to meet Andy and Garry, enjoyed talking esprits, i have a bit of work to do to bring mine up to scratch, looking forward to Castle Combe, cheers Steve

Good morning chatting cars, good we all got together in the end, I was going to post my pics but they look the same as above. Cant believe there was a type 35 Bugatti, value??? 500k, 1 mil? Looked like it had just been dragged out a barn, amazing piece of history.

• 4 weeks later...

Strayed a long way out of my manor on Sunday so was good to meet up with new faces in Bristol. Those cars of yours look really nice but whose was that SE that never comes out of the garage.