Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BOV. Yay or nay? Opinions please. - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BOV. Yay or nay? Opinions please.

What's the opinion of dump valves on here? I'm aware of what their mechanical function is, but it's the noise (and knock on image) that I'm concerned about. Yes, there are recirc ones, but they seem to push the price up a bit from the

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Baily DV30 re-circ, same as Jon. Mine was re-circ back into the airbox using the crank case breather port. I also have the RAM-Air mod done. you do still hear the woosh but is fairly quiet and you only really hear it when going full guns. I didnt want the noise effect either but its nice to hear it when your giving the car some heavy right foot and not hear it when your driving 'like everyone else.

Personally its worked out to be a great compromise for me. :lol:

Jon,

Do you have a replacement in mind ?

Mine's for sale in 1-2 days time if you're interested.

Bailey type.

I was going to get one of these for my NA...

Nothing like a couple of well chosen owner comments to help build brand image....

"ive recently fitted this "fake" dumpvalve on my nissan sunny, and i pulled because my new girlfriend thinks i have a turbo, but i really dont know whether to tell her the truth. i would recommend it guys it works!"

"I think it's well smart. I got one to fit onto my Corsa Merit and it just transformed the car! All the people I pass, think I've got a Calibra Turbo conversion or something now! I pulled up with some lads alongside in a Clio 182 and after accelerating and they heard this, they turned to look at me and backed off! Mental kit - one that I cannot recommend highly enough if you want to sound cool... "

:lol::) :)

Edited by Tentenths

Bahahhahaah laugh4.gif

Oh dear, seriously Bibs you gotta buy one !

Edit - just watched the vids on that site - trully trully sad...

I think it's well smart. I got one to fit onto my Corsa Merit and it just transformed the car! All the people I pass, think I've got a Calibra Turbo conversion or something now! I pulled up with some lads alongside in a Clio 182 and after accelerating and they heard this, they turned to look at me and backed off! Mental kit - one that I cannot recommend highly enough if you want to sound cool...

No they probably backed of becuase they were just about to die with laughter...

----------------------------------

They do obviously work, not sure on whether it makes the pick up any faster (might differ from car to car even) but it does release the pressure from the compressor which will stop the torque reaction effect between the compressor and turbine on the turbo.

The only way to really test it imo is to go for a blat and watch the gear changes (rev drops+tps) on freescan and look at the boost pressure, then remove the valve and try again. If you have higher boost pressure or quicker boost pressure response on pickup then it does....I would say I don't really notice it but tbh I'm watching the road more than my boost gauge, the car feels fast enough.

Mines venting to atmosphere atm (pulling in the chicks like nobody's business I tell thee) doesn't sound terrific if you ask me but I hate the sound anyways regardless of what car it's on, it's too synominous with bruv / I need attention cars if you ask me.

I've gone for the HKS Sequential valve now, just finished making an adaptor at work for it out of a HUGE billet of aluminium, when it stops raining I might fit it on.

I can't sell mine just yet as I have to get another silicon T-Piece, cost me an insane

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Good recirc valves don't have to be expensive... The latest 710N or 710S Audi valves are super responsive, quiet, can hold around 20lbs, and can be bought for $20-30 in the states. They are plastic, so they really can't be mounted too close to the turbo. I run a 710N on my UrS4, which runs about 18-20psi, I acutally ditched the Bailey DV30 in favor of the 710N. The Bailey piston melted (yes, melted) after about a year of hard use. I bought two 710N's just in case. Your turbo will be much happier with some type of valve.

edit... 710N's can be found on the 190 bhp 1.8t VW and Audis

Edited by Htown

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

PMSL - I just went out for a blast in the red car after fitting me new HKS valve....it sounds EXACTLY like the twatish one on the website above :) how embarrising !!

A machined up a re-circ adapter, I need the joining hose like no tomorrow !!! :) it's that bad !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

PMSL - I just went out for a blast in the red car after fitting me new HKS valve....it sounds EXACTLY like the twatish one on the website above :) how embarrising !!

A machined up a re-circ adapter, I need the joining hose like no tomorrow !!! :) it's that bad !

I rather like my HKS, sounds the balls.