Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ms Monaco is Moving Home but to who's? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ms Monaco is Moving Home but to who's?

Dratt! Ive had a letter from the estate agents saying that the house I live in is going to be sold. This means that I have to sell up all my toys as flats in cheltenham do not come with a garage! I live in winchcombe at the mo and am lucky enough to have a garage......

This means I have a GPz900r, a BMW318i and the Last Lotus Esprit S1 in Monaco white forsale, I will be posting most of the stuff inc a lot of electrical items on ebay soon. I just cant see my lotus sat outside in the snow, no way matey! Anyone out there got a garage or interested in buying it? In the cars last 700 miles over 6000 pounds have been spent on the S1. I need to buy a new condencer and coil to get her tip top, you all know the history... Ive pretty much done everything needed to the car and on the last few simple niggles.....

One of the last true bond cars up for grabs, sorry folks I dont have a choice :-( very very sad!

Unless anyone wants to give me a house lol,,,,

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the local newspaper announcement that you want to rent a garage. And ask for local real estate agent if he have some garage for rent!

I haven't either a garage, but 3km. from home I have a 2car-place (from bigger 40cars garage) for rent. I'm considering though to build a garage (live in a house) and that will (hopefully) be 3car-garage.

So don't give up...or sell that GPZ but not the Lotus :P

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

If only I had more garage space ... there's just something about the S1 that is so pure! Sorry you've got to sell her after all that hard work.

Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage, Find a garage :P :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatchoo talkin bout willis?

Guest Troy Halliday

No toys !

I just couldn't go on if .............. if ...........if I had no TOYS :P

I have a solution rent a double garage sleep in it next to your Esprit. Problem solved. :P

Read somewhere that in some European countries (Germany?) , that groups of car enthusiasts get together and rent a large space to work on/ store there cars. Does this work out O.K.? :P

SUNP0003-1.jpg

:P You can't sell it. What about the 300 mile challenge? If you do sell it you'll have to deliver it to get the miles up.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Read somewhere that in some European countries (Germany?) , that groups of car enthusiasts get together and rent a large space to work on/ store there cars. Does this work out O.K.? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's very common here in Finland too, especially with american-car enthusiastics. I have never trusted about that kind of garage arrangement cause these always booze involving and accidents might happen. It's good if you have garage with few friends but still they may invite their friends and accidents may happen.

It frightens me to know the car is a place where people are spending their time so not for me. There are also positive side for that kind of arrangement like you said people work their cars there you can use common tools (borrow from friend) etc.

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Over in Canada ,its common to put your favourite car in storage over the long winters. Like you have found out, guys who own different brands of car tend not to treat your car with respect. Came to check on my car one winter, and the owner of a sh1tbox Dodge had piled his rims and tyres on top of my car (to keep them off floor) :P Im lucky enough now to have a friend who lets me store car at his farm :P

SUNP0003-1.jpg