Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
lucky Mclaren F1 owner! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

lucky Mclaren F1 owner!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it :P

Nothing worse than 9 of these going to someone who doens't give a sh1t and will never drive them!

Lovely to see them totally enjoying the moment as well you should :unsure::P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Oh... and... "Pssht, Those look like Citroen Wing Mirrors!" :P:unsure:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Fantastic, as said this couple love the car and the lucky chap looks like a kid on christmas morning :unsure:

Great video aswell never imagined the car to be so well though out inside i.e the luggage pods and matching suitcase :P also love the headsets it almost looks like you need a pilots license to drive that beauty! they even had the jameriqui cd or however you spell it ready to play. i bet he was soon out on the open road with cosmic girl playing at full belt! :P good luck to them :(

regards danny :P

A

Nice find, thanks for sharing :unsure:

That car definitely get a good home, it's nice to see so excited owners :P They seemed so normal couple, not so millionaires :P

Good luck to them

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Having been fortunate enough to go out for a spin in one (>ahem<)... I can confirm that what the lady says about the seats is spot on. They look incredibly uncomfortable - a kinda right-angle arrangement at 45 degrees from the floor - but they're actually really comfy. More importantly, they do a bang-up job of holding you in place when the nutter behind the wheel decides to open the taps a bit.

Bulk%20Paint.png

great car - wanted to strangle the woman by the end of it - I'm sure I'm not alone..

What me, honey?

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Yeah it's a bit annoying but tbh she's probably awe-struck, cant think why !

Seen it before, was posted on SELOC + him ragging it on an airfield without much control :(

Who cares a toss though when you have one of the best cars ever made on any budget, totally superb machine.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I agree with the comments. I, and others who watched it at work, were ready to kill the woman before long. It's interesting that the guy had jsut spent a million dollars on a car and he seemed to know nothing about it whereas jerks like me, who will never have the money to afford one, know all about, have read all the press articles and got the book.

That engine sounds fantastic :)

That's the BMW engine the new Esprit needs :P

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Oh that brings back memories. Years ago, when I was working for a wireless operator in the UK and I looked after our 'strategic partnerships' which included the car manufacturers, the switchboard took a call from someone who needed to discuss integrated car phones. The call was from Woking. I was down there that afternoon to be given a guided tour of the manufacturing facility - I even had a 'fitting' in one of the finished cars. Those BMW V12s lined up in rows ready to be fitted was a sight to behold. I was in heaven. My quick visit turned into four hours.....

The reason I was there was to discuss antena technology - Gordon Murray wouldn't allow an external aerial to ruin the lines! Unfortunately the gold leaf lining to the windscreen not only cut out glare but also phone signals. What a shame......

Exactly the only thing the wife could appreciate was the f**king colour scheme - kill me quickly god plz - he had a better idea - spotting the LM for example (who wouldn't)..

Plus wanted to shoot him when he started to rev the balls off that engine when clealry the liquids hadn't warmed -

I h8 being jealous.. aaarrghh

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

What a Knob!!!

Ok so I am slightly jealous..... but he has no idea......

Have you looked at the video of him on the track in it???? again with the annoying wife!!!

Hes spinning the car all over the place counter steering to try and hold it and then....... LETTING GO OF THE STEERING WHEEL!!!! WTF is that all about???? :P

If he aint crashed it already, I'm sorry to say this little beauty wont be lasting very long in his hands... :P

As said he has NO IDEA!!!!!! :P

Chunky Lover

Is it this video you're meaning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtX-vJ771JQ

That lady made more noise than McLaren :P She just screams...that guy need a katapult seat :P

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Well you never know...

Spinning it like a top for a day may have taught him (if nothing else) that the car is way beyond his sklills at that time.

It may well have been the very thing that makes him drive it with the respect it deserves and hence NOT crash it! :(

Can't agree and don't think his driving skills can be judged on that 4 minutes of driving.

His hand positioning and gear lever control suggest to me he's got more skill than the average driver. Releasing and spinning the wheel at the end of his spinouts also suggests he had some experience and possibly tuition in car control too.

DanR

The stunt driver in one of the web advertsing films for the BMW Z4 used the technique of releasing the steering wheel to unwind opposite lock after a drift.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE