Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Uprated Charge Cooler from Alunox - Page 2 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Uprated Charge Cooler from Alunox

Hi ,sorry I should have explained , the group buy is still on, the one off sale at Castle Combe is only a promotion . Parts traders normally do this at Donington as well. The charge cooler is up for £800 ,not sure if its already been reserved. I will be at Castle Combe on Saturaday . Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi Kenny.

Sorry it is here , so if we recap on numbers

1) Kenny

2) George

We will need more interest to get this going .This is cheap at £650 + VAT, but we need 20

Mark

Edited by MarkKassim

Thanks.. Might be a good idea to change the title so it has "GROUP BUY" in it..

I'm more inclined to buy at the GB price, here in states it equals:

NON GB Price: $1273.00

GB Price: $1003

Can someone post over at www.lotustalk.com in the Esprit forum and even the Yahoo! email list to gather more interest?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice, but my Alunox budget is busted from the last group guy.  Shipping/wire transfer/duties/fees to the US kind of offset the GB discount. 

Thanks for the cross post to the yahoo turboesprit group.

• 6 months later...

Hi All, I think the people on this GB bought as a one off in the end. Just to keep you updated Alunox are putting an offer on the Charge Cooler until the end of Feb

Normal one of price of £850 + VAT is now £700 + VAT if anyone is interested

Mark K

Hi Guys , there has been bit of interest in the charge cooler lately. So just to recap there is special offer to buy now at £700 + VAT running until the end of Feb or you can join the Group Buy of 20 standing at £650 + VAT.

I've been asked to look at GB again as follows:

1) Ianarm77

2) Kenny West

If I've missed anyone let me know

The lead time on these is about 8 weeks from order. The cores are made to order ,which then have to be fabricated at Alunox.

Mark K

• 1 month later...

OK Guys, I have been to see Leon at Alunox and negotiated a better price on the Charge Cooler.

So can we restart the Group Buy.

The price is now £550 + VAT for a GB of 10 or more.

I don't think were going to beat this , so if your interested I would give it some serious consideration as we may not be able to get it again.

Let me know again even if were on the list before so I can start a new one.

Come on guys whose interested?

Mark K

Hi Mike, the core supplier has been able to change the shape slightly. Alunox have then been able to reduce the height, I will have to try it and see if any modification is still required. I think on early cars like mine you might get away with it. On later models there is that piece on the cover that dips down by the cams, I think you will have to take a piece out of that due to width. Which type is yours mike?

Mark K

Since, based on above post, design has changed, what were the design changes? Would like specifics please such as:

- Change in chargecooler size?

- Change in flow rates, etc., etc. etc.

Photos of redesign?

------------------------

and yes, I am in 

Hi Kenny, the changes are minimal, it was only to reduce the overall height to allow an easier fit with the cover. The core still functions as before to the same specs. I will get photos soon , but probably won't notice any difference other than a slightly slimmer design.Its allowed Alunox to change construction around the core at the top and bottom , air flow and water are still maintained.

GB

1) Kenny West

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first of the revised Charge Coolers, a slightly lower and more compact design. I believe the core is of the latest design giving greater heat transfer efficiency while maintaining flow. It fits under my cover, but my car is 1990 SE.

post-13397-0-15629100-1396807417.jpg

It is very lightweight with good quality construction.

Mark K

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Put me down for one.

Live in Oslo, Norway but have an adr in UK that can ship to.

- Jan Pettersen