IGNORED

Latest "New Esprit" article

EspritFactFile

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key bit in all that is:

Kimbergod confirms the new car will be a Coupe and Roadster! :)

Good call :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Key bit in all that is:

Kimbergod confirms the new car will be a Coupe and Roadster! :)

Good call :)

I didn't say a word!!!!! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Pssht! - got a bit of a Father-Son identity crisis?! :) :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

HUGE chubby alert! Watch out, massive boner comin' through....

anyone got a mathbook?

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I like it :)

But thats not it is it? :)

If not some enterprising kit car builder should produce it.

Does look good even though it's been doing the rounds for a few years now.

Edited by DanR1201

DanR

wow, nice Elis...er....Esprit! :P

not sure what the appetite in the UK will be, but at a price point of "at least $130,000" I don't think the US market will be very hungry for a prima donna vehicle costing twice as much as a Z06 Vette, roadster or not. I don't think the buying demographic will match that of a 911 turbo, a segment populated mostly by affluent professionals who just want to lease a really fast car with a good residual and fairly care-free maintenance.

JMO, I could be wrong. :)

I really, really like that rendering :) Best one yet in my opinion. Nice side profile, and nose. Far enough removed from the Lambo lookalikes and not an Exige with a nose job.

I can live in hope - Not that I can afford one in this lifetime anyway...

It's quite nice barring the Elise's bumper...

Alas we already know (I was told by one of their main marketing men) it has at least the Elise's front / Bonnet :P

(all that 'scalloping')

Monkey -> Organ Grinder :)

Thats the white car from Autocar here in the UK about 2 months ago, after their 'exclusive' tour and interview with Mike Kimberley. The editor was told on good authority its the closest yet to the myriad renderings thus far, in fact the original print did look like a photo taken in some dim corner of the factory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When multiple photos of a supposed future car start popping up, it begins to cast doubt on thoughts like "that's a photoshopped gallardo". Granted, I didn't take a close look at either photo . . .

So what's the story on this white car? Is this it? Is this a prototype Esprit? Is this more photoshop work? One image looked like a .gif, and white is an easy color to hide manipulation on. And it has the classic photoshop concept car cues, like the wheels being in great detail and the body being vague. I assume the doors extend back to the vents . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I like that - best one so far

Lose the Elise front bumper and you're onto a winner. Lotus should employ their artist! :o

I REALLY love the floor to roof air intakes - a couple of the renderings have featured those - I REALLY hope that's not without good reason :)

It would certainly be a first iirc and be the mental-unique styling point :)

Errr Robin the Bertone Carabo had those C pillar to sill air intakes in 1968! :o

I do like this rendering a lot though, and wouldnt be the slightest bit surprised if the genuine article didnt look much different.

The black test mule shot shows a high glasshouse at the rear and a lot of camo around the C pillar to sill area.

Shame there is nowhere to put a front license plate without messing up the front though :)

BertoneCarabo.jpg

2008Esprit.jpg

car_photo_208676_7.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Proportions are a bit out on the air intakes and by how far the lights climb up the bonnet.

Can't we just have done with the saga and see the thing a week Monday? You can flashy thing me after - I'm easy :o

Edited by CharlieC

Interesting car there Wayne but was it a non-production concept car?

Yes it was. Bertone did it as a proposal for Alfa-Romeo :)

Its my favourite car in the whole wide world! :o

carabo4.jpg

The "Esprit" looks like a chubby little thing in comparison! :)

2008Esprit.jpg

That sill line also has an influence of the Enzo in it.

1Ferrari_Enzo_1.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if the rear of the "Esprit" wasnt Enzo inspited also, with a prominent rear diffuser and high mounted round tailamps in nacelles.

Ferrari-Enzo-Rear.jpg

car_photo_208675_5.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Wasn't it already confirmed as 2WD - I was pretty sure it is.