Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus day at Grampian Transport Museum - 11 August 2013 - Page 4 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus day at Grampian Transport Museum - 11 August 2013

What a great turnout guys, well done. A real pity we had to miss this one. But I needed a vacation and slumming it on the Cote d'Azur is some compensation I guess.

Well someone has to do it, slum it on the Cote d'Azure of course.

What are you doing on 24th-25th August? We still need a V8-GT for the Esprit Timeline at Brands Hatch.

I saw your post about the Centenary Vanquish on the forum the other day. Rodger has one at Murray Aston as well as a Volante Vanquish.  Stunning cars. The body is Carbon Fibre and the boot lid and spoiler on the coupe is one piece and a work of art.

Now where's that lottery ticket!

great pics Steve.

I forgot my camera and my phone battery died on Saturday morning, so no pics from me.

Thanks to everyone for making it such good weekend.

A special thanks to Archie and Justine for their hospitality.

I only joined this forum today. Looks like ive just narrowly missed an event where i could have shown off the Europa S. Theres always next time. Reading back on previous events it looks like the speedfest at the grampian transport museum is a good one! 

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We had a great time yesterday and also at Speedfest.

How about posting some photographs of your car and if you let me know your name I will add you to the group PM list and you will be kept up to date with any events that we plan.

Brian

It was a good day yesterday and a big thanks to Gordon Masson for organising the event with GTM and Archie and Justine for the BBQ etc at Gairnshiel Lodge. I am sorry I missed that.

We had over 20 cars at GTM and split into two groups we took to the track with members of the museum and their children as passengers. The museum provided a free BBQ for us and the members and a good day was had by all.

Here are some of my photographs of the day.

9495019234_afbf5d0b61_b.jpg

• Like 1

Good photos Brian,

Was a great weekend & was good to meet up with everyone - well done to Archie, Justine and Gordon.

Angela was actually dreading going in that wee red thing! - she actually loved it, maybe due to the lack of speed :)

cheers

Mike

great pics Steve.

I forgot my camera and my phone battery died on Saturday morning, so no pics from me.

Thanks to everyone for making it such good weekend.

A special thanks to Archie and Justine for their hospitality.

Thanks Duggie.

You might like this picture of your Elise.

9488385145_75b7007072_z.jpg

Steve.
Edited by C7steve
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

Sorry missed the BBQ on Saturday, had a superb Sunday, left Alford and drove back to Dundee with a grin from ear to ear.

Big thanks to Gordon and the guys at GTM.

Car made it home without a complaint.

Any more photos?

I have some photos and video but it's not the best, need to get the camera closer to the exhausts next time!

Innes

Edited by Innes

Hi folks

Thanks to everyone for making the trip to Aberdeen to take part in Sundays event.

It was a great success as far a GTM were concerned and Mike, the museum curator, wanted to pass on his thanks to everyone for making the time to come along to the event and supply their cars for people to experience a Lotus in the flesh.

In the end we had a pretty good turn out of 19 cars with many of them taking to the track for the fast car rides.

I'm not sure who got the most from that, whether it was the public or the drivers but it was great fun either way.

The weather was fairly kind and all in all the whole thing went pretty well (with the exception of my over exuberance trying to beat Brian in the AutoTest and breaking my clutch! ) :getmecoat:

Sorry I missed the BBQ Arch but hopefully if we do it again next year you might be kind enough to let us use the lodge again and I will finally get a chance to come up for a visit!

Here are some pics and a video I took.... bit blurred ... but then when you are trying to capture a Lotus passing at full chat its not that easy :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Oh and by the way, I am going to claim the right of awarding "Car of the day", which for me has to be:

Innes Worsman   -   Elan+2S 130/5   -   OPY111M. :unworthy:

9496495755_1ee7acb9d7_o.jpg

Stunning car Innes, well done for all the hard work you have put in to getting it back on the road again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81710990@N07/sets/72157635049191408/

Edited by GordonMasson

Thanks again Gordon for organising this one, it would be good if this could become a regular event in our calendar. 

I agree with your choice for "Car of the day" a very nice example of the Elan+2.

Have you had a chance to investigate your clutch problem yet? I hope you don't have to sell too many internal organs to repair it.

Thanks again Gordon for organising this one, it would be good if this could become a regular event in our calendar. 

I agree with your choice for "Car of the day" a very nice example of the Elan+2.

Have you had a chance to investigate your clutch problem yet? I hope you don't have to sell too many internal organs to repair it.

Mike and I had a chat about making this an annual thing and he was very keen that we come back again in 2014 so I will book up a slot for next year and we can put it in the LEGS calendar.

Parked up the GT3 at Viv's house and left it there for now. Don't want get on a downer before Brandshatch..... anyway, im sure the clutch just needs bleeding????? :help:  :no  :cry:

Thanks Duggie.

You might like this picture of your Elise.

9488385145_75b7007072_z.jpg

Steve.

Shiny :)

I really need to invest in a new camera with a shiny car setting.

Any chance you could email a high res copy to duggiesmith at yahoo dot co dot uk

• Like 1

Well someone has to do it, slum it on the Cote d'Azure of course.

What are you doing on 24th-25th August? We still need a V8-GT for the Esprit Timeline at Brands Hatch.

I saw your post about the Centenary Vanquish on the forum the other day. Rodger has one at Murray Aston as well as a Volante Vanquish.  Stunning cars. The body is Carbon Fibre and the boot lid and spoiler on the coupe is one piece and a work of art.

Now where's that lottery ticket!

Sorry Brian, we fly back to Edinburgh on the 24th and have a big do Saturday evening, Much as I would like to, popping down to Brands for the weekend isn't really on....

The Centenary Vanquish does look good and it had a certain 'class' in amongst all that Italian metal. Id take it every time. As for the Lottery, I've now had two emails from Camelot informing me of 'exciting news' about my ticket, one from Friday, one from Saturday (I did all my entries in advance of coming away) so you never know, it could be me but I can't check from France!!!

Edited by hedgerley

No worries Mark we have a GT now courtesy of Alan Ferguson in Edinburgh. He has the Gold V8-GT and was persuaded by Andrew Laing to take it to Brands. He has recently joined the forum.

Enjoy your holiday.

That Esprit does look luverly!  I saw the posting elsewhere.  It was along at the Dirleton Breakfast Club in the spring as you know Brian.  I believe he also said it started life as one of only 2 cars in that colour and was a Lotus Earls Court Show car originally so in many ways it is returning spiritually to its original purpose.

p.s. I haven't forgotten your Alford vid but got home 3 days late from the Canadian Grand Banks about 24 hours before jumping back on a plane for holiday to Mauritius.  Only returned home about 36 hours before travel back to the ship on early Wednesday morning so life was all just too mental to get time to transfer it to a stick.  Holiday now seems a distant memory!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

That Esprit does look luverly!  I saw the posting elsewhere.  It was along at the Dirleton Breakfast Club in the spring as you know Brian.  I believe he also said it started life as one of only 2 cars in that colour and was a Lotus Earls Court Show car originally so in many ways it is returning spiritually to its original purpose.

p.s. I haven't forgotten your Alford vid but got home 3 days late from the Canadian Grand Banks about 24 hours before jumping back on a plane for holiday to Mauritius.  Only returned home about 36 hours before travel back to the ship on early Wednesday morning so life was all just too mental to get time to transfer it to a stick.  Holiday now seems a distant memory!

Bloody hell Allan do you ever stand still for 2 minutes????  Just getting used to the car it does drive well in sport mode just hammers the fuel economy. No pictures of your new one yet???

Hi James, in answer to the first bit I wish I did a bit more at times, as feeling kinda stressed with having no time at home and there is more to come with getting home in 3 weeks and immediately heading off to Norway for 4 days, but such is life.  It pays for the toys I guess, as well as SWMBO's shoes and handbags.

Glad you are enjoying the old red mistress and that she is in good hands still on the Forums somewhere.  It must count as one of the weirder car sales between us!!  I saw you posted some shots in the Evora section but we are blocked from linked sites like Photobucket/U-Tube or whatever you used when at work so having a lust after the old girlfriend will have to wait.  Treat her nicely!  I did see the economy down at 8mpg at one point of sustained hammering but why buy one if you aren't going to use the grunt I say! I also saw just under 30 on the longer high speed runs to Aberdeen.

Regards my new red mistress then I never drove it after getting home before the holiday, and only drove it about 15 miles on the day after returning before leaving for the ship. So you have done more miles in it than me!!  - But what a 15 miles!  Loving it and can't wait for a proper run and getting used to the extra poke.  I didn't take a single photo which was a mistake as nothing to lust after out here now!  I'll post up sometime after 11th Sept.

Sorry other folks for getting a little :offtopic:  :hrhr:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023