Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mk 2 Lotus Cortina! Not seen one of these for a long time! - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mk 2 Lotus Cortina! Not seen one of these for a long time!

Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's up there in price! I see a Mk1 & 2 running around here every now and then

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

There is a red and gold one in the window at JD Classics in Maldon, looks awesome. Think its a rally preped one.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I must admit I did have to stop and think about the finances on this one. Decided against it but if I had the spare dough it would definitely be on my "must have" Lotus list.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Mk1s are making 60k ! 

My Europa is a twin-cam special but has a Ford crossflow block and so the colour scheme 

I am choosing will be Lotus Cortina, which is Ford Ermine white.

The green flash was a Citroen colour (Sherwood Green).

It will probably be a centre stripe on mine, maybe the lower half too...

Hmm... nice Cortina, but if your going to charge that sort of price I think you should take the trouble to get the detail right, wrong air filter system, wrong fan and radiator, wrong steering wheel.......is it a real one or re-bodied... who really knows with a Cortina   :thumbdown:

mk 2 do not fetch anywhere near as much as a mk 1. mk1 were built by Lotus but i think mk2 was built by ford at dagenham.Lot of fakes out there .More mk1 are supposed to be registered than were made

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yeah - two ways of looking at that though:

1) There are a lot of fake 2 door cortinas with twin cams that are being passed of as Lotus Cortinas.

or

2) Lotus build records weren't that accurate, with unexplained cars that tax hadn't been paid on going out the gates?

could be a mix of both.

Agree the Mk1 is more desirable with motorsport history. It is also prettier.

• Gold FFM

Ok. Someone needs to explain to the numpty. I thought Lotus made the Cortina in collaboration with Ford. Or the other way around possibly.

Why is this listed as a MkII Lotus Cortina when it carries Ford badging? Or did they all carry Ford badging?

I remember my uncle owning a Cortina, but I can't tell you which model. Do remember he drove it like it was stolen though. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think all Mk2's were badged like that, with the mk1 having the "cortina" placque on the bonnet that was dropped for the Mk2.

whether you count it as a Ford or a Lotus doesn't really make a difference, because it is both - same as the Sunbeam and the Carlton (but with Talbot and Vauxhall).

IMHO the Mk 2 is more desirable if it's a proper one. The Mk 1 has been collectable for so long that they have been looked after, whereas the Mk 2 have mostly rusted into oblivion. I prefer the Mk 2 myself.

I believe that the Mk1 was refered to as a 'Lotus Cortina' as Lotus had quite a lot of input on the design and build but the Mk2 was called a 'Ford Cortina twin cam' as it was just that, a Ford Cortina 1600E with a Lotus twin cam and badges fitted.

Lotus got a sum for each one sold and Ford got some sports car kudos and a great rally tool.