Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sealing rocker cover - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sealing rocker cover

Is there anything i need to get outof the way to remove the rocker cover as oil is getting on the manifold. The synthetic oil seems to cause a few leaks . Bit of a pain as ionly changed it the other week

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peter, is it definitely the rocker covers ? Mine started doing this last year & it turned out to be the round covers on the end of the cams, they are sealed with an 'o' ring but seem to be a common cause of leaks. It was leaking onto the manifold near the turbo.

Can't help with covers I'm afraid.

Good luck, Phil.

Hi Peter, I don't know the size but I have a box of various sized 'O' rings I got from Machine Mart or Screwfix ( I think Halfords sell them as well ) & one of the various sizes was a good fit & I put a thin smear of  'Dirco' seal on to be sure.

They did the job & still oil tight after 12 months.

Worth replacing the 'o' rings first as they're easy to do.

Hope you get it sorted.

Phil.

Thanks for the advice also thanks to sailorbob for the o rings. Heat shield offand covers out in 15 mins. Cant see why lew think its a couple of hrs to. Also no need to jack up car easily done from the side.

Much oil under the heatshield both seals were flat and hard. Engine gunked. I have left the heatshield off for a bit to check on okl build up. So far seems fine.

It's Oogies turn to boogie