Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
In Tank Fuel Pump O-Ring - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

In Tank Fuel Pump O-Ring

Does someone know the size of the o-ring (A082L6164F, Parts Manual 44.03D item 6) which is used between the RHS tank and the mounting flange of the in tank fuel pump.

Does 90 x 6 mm sound familiar?, my old one is deformed so not sure about the size.

Edited by fjmuurling

Esprit Freak

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know off hand... I do have one lying around that I could measure, though it did shrink after removal...  I'm not sure if it would be back to normal size or not.

The replacement pump that I bought, came with the proper o-ring.  BOSCH 69218 from Amazon.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 weeks later...

The 90 x 6 (mm) is not the right size, the I.D. Is too small, the cross section size looks ok.

Measured the flange in the tank (should have done that before, but didn't expect the old one to shrink in diameter after removal) and the I.D. is 95 mm.

The cross section of the old one was oval shaped measuring around 7 by 5 mm so hence the 6 mm for the new one.

New Viton o-ring of 95 x 6 is on order, hope this one is the right size.

Esprit Freak

• 2 weeks later...

The 95 x 6 (mm) is the right size for the o-ring. Fitted one today, sits fine in the recessed groove in the tank and didn't need excessive force for closing of the locking ring. I did put a little bit of grease on the locking ring in order to reduce the friction between the locking ring and the flange of the fuel pump.

As a material i chose viton instead of the standard nbr.

Esprit Freak