Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Late V8 button switches - Alternate sources? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Late V8 button switches - Alternate sources?

Anyone know an alternate source or part call-up for the round button switches on the top of the late V8 centre stack?  Lotus only?  I don't see them listed as available on the SJ site.

Thx

Stu

Stu Calgary Alberta ' 69 Plus 2 '0 0 Esprit V8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Quick update.  Purchased a used rear fog light switch from eBay and installed it in the blanked position on our NA cars.  Using it to switch my Valentine radar detector mounted on the rear window; with the rear window mount it is awkward to switch the unit on and off.  Switch works fine, although the light inside the used switch was not working.

Thanks for the help.

• 5 years later...

A follow on the @Andrew C's post on using a fog light switch for the lighting master (headlamps) switch. It won't work as the original is a double pole double throw, one set of contacts for the lights and the other for the headlamp pod delay module. The fog light switch might have the same pins but it is only single pole, so no second contacts. Unfortunately my post '98 V8 wiring diagram copies are missing sheets 11 to 14 for some reason (can anyone with a complete copy scan them in please?) so I can't tell which of the other switches might substitute although looking at the '96 - '97 I reckon that a '83-'99 Peugeot 205 hazard warning switch should do the job. You would have to check that pins 4 and 6 were not connected on the loom though - the only difference.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

10 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

A follow on the @Andrew C's post on using a fog light switch for the lighting master (headlamps) switch. It won't work as the original is a double pole double throw, one set of contacts for the lights and the other for the headlamp pod delay module. The fog light switch might have the same pins but it is only single pole, so no second contacts. Unfortunately my post '98 V8 wiring diagram copies are missing sheets 11 to 14 for some reason (can anyone with a complete copy scan them in please?) so I can't tell which of the other switches might substitute although looking at the '96 - '97 I reckon that a '83-'99 Peugeot 205 hazard warning switch should do the job. You would have to check that pins 4 and 6 were not connected on the loom though - the only difference.

Many thanks Alan so onto plan B.

A

6 minutes ago, tmusc said:

How did you remove the switches? How does the trim panel come off?

Hello @tmusc. If you become a Full Forum Member you can download all of the manuals. For now, this should give you an idea:

image.png.63490af64583fa0e25ecc57d8653324f.png

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

@swindon_alan - Nope. Never taken in out but I suspect that you may need to go from the underneath, I reckon 14 is the switch holder so 17, 16 and 15 will need to come out to get to 14. What ever it is I suspect it will be the most tortuous route possible!

There are two screws located on the bottom lip at the front of part 5. They may thread in to two captive speed nuts attached to part 14; memory a bit vague. I am not remembering if they are an Allen hex type head or a Phillips, so take a close look prior to trying to unfasten them. My bet is a hex socket of about six mm?  Once the two screws are out he piece easily removes by pulling forward. 

HTH

Stu

Edited by stugilmour