Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Firing order,is this right?S4 Esprit. - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Firing order,is this right?S4 Esprit.

espritmania

HI,Just putting new ing leads in ,been soo long just wanted to check that I have it right.

From the front I have started with the longest lead,which is no1,then no2 ect.From the front the leads number 1,2,3,4 .I have connected to the coil pack which I dismantled 2 years  ago,looking at the pack they number from the front 4,1,3,2 to which I have put the matching number lead to ,is this correct??

Thanks..Paul G.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Engine cylinder numbering is done from front to rear: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

The coil numbering from front to rear: 2 - 3 - 1 - 4.

Just connect the corresponding number with the HT leads.

Esprit Freak

It depends on which way the ignition coil is mounted. In the earlier cars (SE), the electrical connectors are on the bottom which makes it 2,3,1,4 from the front to rear.

On the later cars, the coil packs are reversed with the electrical connectors on the top which makes it 1,4,2,3 from front to rear.

If you look at the parts manuals MY88-92 page 40.17B and MY93-on (S4-V8) page 40.17A you will see the difference.

Edited by lotus4s

1995 S4s

Engine cylinder numbering is done from front to rear: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

The coil numbering from front to rear: 2 - 3 - 1 - 4.

Just connect the corresponding number with the HT leads.

The above information is indeed for the SE, thx for the additional information Jim

Esprit Freak

• 3 years later...
On 05/11/2013 at 04:40, lotus4s said:

On the later cars, the coil packs are reversed with the electrical connectors on the top which makes it 1,4,2,3 from front to rear.

Sorry to revive that old topic but isn't the wiring 4, 1, 3, 2 from front to rear on MY93-on?

aHy3

Edited by Giniw

Since each coil pack fires both of its' wires at the same time it doesn't matter as long as you have the correct pair of wires on the coil, but

technically yes, you are correct...

1995 S4s