Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Practical Performance Car Magazine! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Practical Performance Car Magazine!

Evil_Dr_Fish

Hi All...

GO AND BUY THIS MONTH'S PPC!!!! :)

It has 'my' article in it :o ;-) Front cover an then first item a couple of pages in :):( :(

It's great stuff and the pics are superb - not just of my car but all of them...

But the full page one of my car is still definitely the best by far! :)

<brag!>

There are a couple of minor inaccuracies but nothing I'm worried about :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mentioned Tesco on the day too...

I shall give it the full month before posting any of the pics - but if someone gets it and scans them, I can't shalln't stop them!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

If anyone in the States finds it, let me know where. My local Barnes & Noble doesn't carry it.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Guest Chelsea Martyn

Spoke to Kevin at PPC and they indeed sell to over 500 WH Smiths (out of 550) and most large Tesco superstores.

While i'm off and bored, if anyone wants me to grab them a copy and post it for them PM me and i'll be happy to help

:o

I was told it would be out today!

It's the October issue so it's extrememly rare by modern magazine standards that this wasn't actually out about 3 weeks ago! :-p

Tis out today... I've just found one in, of all places, a newsagent in Frinton On Sea :)

The article in which Fishy's car is featured is written in a fairly lighthearted and amusing manner, although almost entirely devoid of technical content. It includes some good pics of EDF's car; although the caption accompanying one of the interior shots seems a little harsh bearing in mind Robin and Troy's recent hard work refinishing the leather.

But definitely worth a read if you can track down a copy. Even more so for fans of the Lotus Carlton - the mag also includes a 7 page in-depth feature on the car.

I'll finish with an excerpt from the Esprit section that whilst rather stereotypical made me chuckle "... it quickly gained a reputation for catching fire, overheating in traffic and getting you a shag quicker than a bottle of red wine and a table at the local Bernie Inn." :o

Edited by Tentenths

must say i have seen sneeky pic previews and there bloody good

good one mr fish, step into the relms of magazine stardom and become a attention hoar like myself,,,,,lets hoar baby

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Hahaha!

Wel Wayne - it's not very often I'll ever get to say this but... You can pick up a copy for yourself NEXT WEEK!!!! <_<:) :)

Interesting looking magazine B)

Never seen Practical Performance in Finland <_< Hoping to get copy in England :)

But those cars are in wrong order, Esprit should be on the front :)

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

They're 5 studs! <_< Uber rare! :)

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

Never thought the words 'shagging' and 'morris marina' would be seen on the same page. :D:):D:D

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Never thought the words 'shagging' and 'morris marina' would be seen on the same page. :D:D:D:D

Oh I don't know, though. I've often seen the words "shagged" and "Morris Marina" together. :D

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I eventually managed to find a copy of PPC - and it was worth the effort. Great car, Doctor. Great quote, too: "There's nothing as expensive as a cheap Esprit". :D

It's just a shame the article was so short, and that there was only a small piccy of that dazzling refurbished interior of yours. Could have done with a few more full-page shots, I reckon.

But I do like those Morris-Marina-doorhandle-free doors. Very nice. Was it a very difficult mod?

And by the way: did anyone have a go at the "name that engine" competition on page 22. Looks soooo familiar... :D

Ben