G car for big money - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

G car for big money

Mark Blanchard

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the fact that it is an Essex car and freshly restored has something to do with it. :o

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I don t think the price is off the wall. If someone is passionate about the Essex and wants the car, or any other Essex, apart from its uniqueness then it is good value. Are there any more for sale, maybe but most people who bought them in the last few years would see the most remarkable version of the marque in the best colour scheme.........imho

Yea I want a dry sump G car..........

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Essex no.11 and 12 were originally being sold as a pair by a chap who owned a Lotus 81 GP car.

I think 11 was the better of the two . :o

Essex Turbos for sale

That s unfair having two of the same.........still looking for the jps NM car, no luck yet. The guy who pipped me last time it cam available must have had a good eye

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• 4 weeks later...

Never been a tremendous fan of it myself and I really don't like the side stickers :angry:

Looks in good nick and is bl00dy marvellous news for me as far as I'm concerned, having a fully restored car, with new paint, reconnolised interior, new S4 Head, New (360) Turbo and the SE/S4 pistons and Liners - If they hadn't done at least the pistons / liners I personally wouldn't touch any pre-87 turbo charged car with a ten foot barge pole!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Nice car :D

Was thinking at the factory how cool it would have been if we

had an Essex there to park alongside the F1 Essex they had there.

B)

Why is it that Esprit values/prices going up, are always based on the

hugely overpriced cars that are on sale for months and in some cases

even years?

:angry:

I can find you a

"Restored" is such a nice loose term..... for one person can mean a respray, to another a nut and bolt rotisserie job. Would need to be as-new for this money, think the vendor is chancing it a bit advertising it in the upper-crust pages of Octane hoping for a nostalgic rich-bloke.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Figured out that If I was to charge my usual hourly rate when restoring my car , I would have more than 18 grand (GBP) in my car( inc. purchase price and parts cost) :angry:

I guess some of us like the old Giugiaro cars enough to spend the big moulah on them :P

Wayne B (nostalgic rich- bloke) :D

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I'm up to around

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Well, since the factory event, I've been toying with the idea of an S3 / Turbo.

Checked out the market in Switzerland, and there's only 1 S3 available from the Lotus dealers over here.

Looks lovely: Lotus S3 Link

Registered in 04/1982, with 50,000kms

BUT....

38,000CHF = about

Rob S

Rob, Why not import one from the USA? :blink:

There is usually at least one on ebay at any given time. :P

Of course now I go to try and find one their to illustrate my point, I cant find one ! :P

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

no, Ken Baird bought the one from Paul Matty tried to sell it at auction earlier this year , has less tha 300 miles IIRC

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

well I might be wrong! it looks like the car that was at Paul Mattys, IIRC he had it for sale at

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

well I might be wrong! it looks like the car that was at Paul Mattys, IIRC he had it for sale at

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein