Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
G car for big money - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

G car for big money

Mark Blanchard

It's absolutely normal for a small manufacturer like Lotus to use up supplies of available parts before changing the specification of the cars being built. Hence there are so many variations between cars of the same model designation over the years.

To my mind an "Essex" needs to be car in the correct blue sponsor livery. Similarly I think a "JPS" needs to be black.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my mind an "Essex" needs to be car in the correct blue sponsor livery. Similarly I think a "JPS" needs to be black.

As the owner of a JPS re-painted in burgundy, I agree.

Another note on the Essex sponsorship of the F1 team, I'm pretty sure that it was the Essex motorhome that got wrecked by the downdraught of the Harrier doing its display over the paddock at the Grand Prix at Brands Hatch at the time. It blew the awning off the top of the coach and blew all the tables and chairs over. IIRC, the press were much amused as Mr. Thieme was not very popular because he was a bit too flash.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 3 weeks later...

Just to exhume this thread for a moment did anyone notice that Bonds white Turbo in For Your Eyes Only the other night had the roof console?? Couldnt see far enough into the copper one to confirm that one though.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Just to exhume this thread for a moment did anyone notice that Bonds white Turbo in For Your Eyes Only the other night had the roof console?? Couldnt see far enough into the copper one to confirm that one though.

Hi Mark - as mentioned earlier I will be posting in a week or twos time a full list of Essex's/Early G Turbos after extensive research including full Chassis No's and a 'where are they now'.................

Just waiting for the OK from current owners to list the details...........

Bibs might want to sticky it.....................I've got the full Factory archive list confirmed.

For the record and as far as I know - OPW 678W was full Essex-spec as the car was originally Essex 001 - It was one of the pair of cars used at the Albert Hall for the Essex launch in late '79.

Even the factory do not have the VIN listed - I saw the Copper car at Hethel in the mid-90's before Proton came in and all the 'Museum' cars kept were sold off......................just wish I'd taken note!

Does anyone know how much/where it went to - Think it was Coys who auctioned it earlier this year?

Didn't some of the dry sumpers have the roof mounted stereo also?

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif