Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 crying for help! - Page 7 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 crying for help!

Have you been able to do any coating on the inside of the chassis?? POR15 is great on the outside, and I have used this on the inside of some frames:

http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coating-w-spray-nozzle-qt.html

The spray end workes very well and giving a good even coating all around inside the frame area.

• Like 1

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

I have give the inside two coats were I can get too but I was wondering how to reach the areas in the front section and that looks just the job thank you.

I have now applied 2 coats of POR15 , 1 coat POR etch primer in grey and finally 2 coats of POR15 chassis black it's looking a lot better than I expected the POR range of paints are really good and the finish is good from brush/roller application.

now to start on all the suspension items just got them back from blasting.

20160331_114339.jpg

started to remove the numerous layers of paint started life as roman bronze, then white and finally about 3 coats of red so decided to strip it back to the gel coat to make sure the paint is correct. 

Now deciding what colour to paint the car I would go back to the original Roman Bronze but it really don't like the dark brown colour so it's a lighter shade of bronze or lotus orange or lotus gold any ideas ??

How about Gold? As this Elite @Farmer Bob

IMG_0641.JPG

What are you doing with the interior? I have liked the non leather S2 interiors I've seen.

Chris

That's nice colour Chris is it your car? Yer Gold is one of my choices I have asked the spray shop to do me sample panels in gold, light metalic bronze & orange  I was thinking of a not so common colour!

interior is my next decision I am leaning towards black leather with cream leather or material infills?

Roman Bronze is very rare and for originality it's probably what it should go back to, but if you don't particularly like it whats the point.  They look good in black too.  

1 hour ago, darenwsmith said:

That's nice colour Chris is it your car? Yer Gold is one of my choices I have asked the spray shop to do me sample panels in gold, light metalic bronze & orange  I was thinking of a not so common colour!

interior is my next decision I am leaning towards black leather with cream leather or material infills?

Both my cars are Monaco white, the gold is from another thread and I thought it was an outstanding colour.

Here's a couple of photos of a bonze Elite - last one ever! - so as to give you an idea of how it may look.

IMGP1159_zps470e7982.jpg

IMGP1164_zps976e1d9e.jpg

IMGP1158_zpsc4e9dfad.jpg

• Like 1

Your esprit looks good in orange Jon was that its original colur? Cheers Chris that's a nice bronze the original colour was dark metallic brown just to dark for me tho I was looking for a slightly lighter shade and the elite looks amazing, I have seen a lotus in a dark orange/bronze metallic which is similar to that elite.

cheers lads for your opinions appreciated. 

Roman bronze and speedline alloys with the esprits sharp looks would look the dogs :) It was such a cool colour even Mr Chapman himself had his photograph taken by one with his plane thrown in to boot .:P

• Like 1

A

I recently ordered a set of genuine Dana Spicer 1310 U/J's from Bailey Morris Limited in Cambridgeshire. Their product code was BM605. £27.37 each plus VAT and delivery.  I specifically wanted genuine joints as I was not convinced about the unmarked/unbranded ones on offer everywhere else.  Can't help you on the two hub seals I'm afraid, but I'm sure SJ Sportscars can sort you out - they have U/J's as well.

hi Jon

thank you for the reply I have seen a old thread on the forum all about UJ's and a mass of problems with them even the heavy duty ones from SJ's so I just wonder what everyone else was doing now? I will give Bailey Morris a try. cheers daren

• 2 months later...

Door beams sorted out made new stainless steel shaft and acetal bushes now nice and tight, car is at painting couldnt make my mind up with the bronze really didnt like the colour so going with a orange I know it's not a standard but hopefully look good if not will have to paint it again!

20160701_142926.jpg

Maybe wrong but I don't think the disc covers are available. They don't look too bad. quick shot blast and a coating of POR15 should be all you need...

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks for the replies was hoping someone knew of some, they are not bad Pete possibly repair them for now I will have a go at making some the new ones when work is not so busy. anybody got a near side rear quater glass in green tint?

I'm having front disk covers made at the moment from stainless. They are going to be £120 each so I'm only getting 10 pairs made.

Matt

The more the merrier :yes: