Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Greenstuff Part Number For 1989 SE (16" wheel/Toyota-based brakes) Standard Rear Brakes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Greenstuff Part Number For 1989 SE (16" wheel/Toyota-based brakes) Standard Rear Brakes

Would anyone have a part number for a set of rear pads for my SE? (standard wheels)

I assume I need "Greenstuff 2000", but I assume they come in different sizes with different fittings.

Thanks

Ian.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use greenstuff on an Esprit, they're not a suitable pad. The backing material isn't heat resistant enough and you'll boil your brake fluid before long and get a spongy pedal, they're made for hatchbacks and city cars. 

I used yellows, much more like it :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

ugh.... Seems everyone else is telling me to buy Greenstuff, including PNM and Lotus Marques. I looked at the EBC website pad specs and thought that redstuff might be the way to go: I'm not going to do any racing. At worst, I would be driving in an area with lots of curves and hills (generally within the speed limit  ;) ). The Esprit is about the weight of a (hot) hatchback, but, agreed, the EBC site does say Greenstuff is for cars with less than 200bhp. However, PNM talked me out of buying yellow/red.

I'm getting a grooved front brake kit from PNM, so perhaps this would reduce the temps of the pads somewhat (?)

Thanks!

Cheers

Ian.

P.S. By the way, are the rear brakes on my car Toyota based... or is that only the front brakes? The guy at the brake shop seemed to think they were Renault.

Edited by Qavion

I've had the EBC red pads for about 4 years.  They take a bit of time to warm up in the cold winter weather. Work very well in the summer on roads, I've found. Haven't driven on the track. Depends a lot on how aggressive you drive, I think.

Trevor