Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alloy Motorsport Radiator Set For Esprit Turbo & V8 by Alunox - Page 3 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alloy Motorsport Radiator Set For Esprit Turbo & V8 by Alunox

Hi Mark, What's the price for five with the five people we have interested? Still very interested and would like to get an order in but think we will be waiting forever to get to 10 people!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Greg, I think that is 1800 plus fans. 10 people is 1700 gbp and 20 or more will bring it Down to 1200 plus fans. If you order a set as an individual, it's 2700 Gbp. :no

So, to answer your question, I think there's 100 gbp in difference between 5 and 10 comitted people.

So there's a rather steep difference. I spoke to Alunox some time ago, and he said that it is very expensive to make one or only a few matrix'es, hence the big difference.

Yes, I agree, it takes kind of forever.

Since I cannot wait, I delivered my watercooler to a total rebuild, using copper, extra fins, a little bit more narrow tubing etc, so it should give something like 20% more cooling effect. That will cost me 750 gbp as an intermediary solution, plus 400 for two oil coolers. That put's the alunox set in a nice perspective, I think.

I am still on to the Alunox set, and hope we can do this soon. I mean soon, not like in half a year.

I have posted some quetions to Mark, which he will probably pass on to Alunox, and when I get a reply, I'll post them here, regarding the Construction of their coolers etc. Rather interesting to know, if we pay top Money for the big set.

I have also blasted and powdercoated my two "y" stays plus stainless bolts etc. But eventually, I'll put it all on the shelves, as I prefer the alunox set, incl. the 5 fans.

Personally, I think we have to make this happen soon, as alunox told me, that they will stop producing this set soon, as there is not enough interest in it from Esprit owners. A pitty I think. No one to blame of course, as it's hardly needed if ones systems are working just fine. It's just a bit rare, that someone does this job and I for example, as a normal driver, not mechanically inclined, can benefit from it. And I cannot go around the corner and have a similar set made. it would take a very long time in working hours to make, thereby being too expensive.

Kind regards,

Jacques ;)

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Thanks for your reply Jacques, I appreciate that low volume numbers would be expensive to produce. Will just have to hang in there a little longer to see if more people can get on board!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark, What's the price for five with the five people we have interested? Still very interested and would like to get an order in but think we will be waiting forever to get to 10 people!

Hi Greg, I've been working on Leon at Alunox, he's managed to negotiate a better deal with the core supplier. Alunox are also producing other rads for another car club and can put the orders together, I believe this is a bit of a one off.

So the price for a GB of 5 is now £1500 without fans,

Mark

Hi Greg, If I'm correct it looks like 5 with Jacques

1) Greg D

2) Bingoking

3) Ian Lord

4) Teava Magyari

5) Jacques

Can those on the list confirm with me here or PM. I can then start the ball rolling.

Mark

• Like 1

I just have a few questions if you could answer them for me please, Mark?

• I assume two new fans will be required for the oil coolers and three for the main heat exchangers?
  • How are the new oil cooler fans powered up, and are they thermostatically controlled?
  • Will the three main fans be powered as they are currently?
  • Are there any cooler pipework modifications required, or can the original pipes be used?
  • When is the likely production/shipping date?

Margate Exotics.

Hi Ian,

• Yes two additional fans for the oil coolers and 3 new fans for the main rad. I can help with the selection. The main rad fans are a common size around £25 each. The oil cooler Fans are smaller and a bit more expensive.
  • You can run these of an oil thermostat. Again I will try and help out with this.
  • Yes the 3 main fans can just use the existing wiring or you can fit another fused relay.
  • I've used the original Oil Cooler pipework .
  • I recon we are looking at 2 to 3 months I will have to discuss with Leon

Mark

Some of you have messaged me , I just want to confirm it will be £1500 + VAT and Postage. If you send be your addresses I can get Nicky at Alunox to cost postage.

Thanks,

Mark

Just an update who has confirmed their address for shipping costs

1) Greg D               - Confirmed

2) Bingoking

3) Ian Lord             - Confirmed

4) Teava Magyari  

5) Jacques             - Confirmed

I will check with Nicky in case the others have confirmed directly

Mark

Just an update who has confirmed their address for shipping costs

2) Bingoking           - Confirmed

4) Teava Magyari  

I will check with Nicky , I think Teava has already sent his

I'll get an update soon

Thanks

Mark

Oh crap, nearly missed this. I said I'd be interested way back at the start of the thread. Still am so add me to the list.  Cheers.

PS - I am 5 mins from Brian King so delivery can be one trip to his gaff and I'll pop round to pick it up!

Jacques

I will PM our Esprit owners on LEGS to see if there is any more interest.

Brian

I am tempted at £1200 but at £1800 it is a real stretch for a nice to have item. Fingers crossed you get a few more interested. I haven't been on the forum for a while so I nearly missed this completely.

cheers

-Chris

I'm the same as Chris bit more interest and I'll have a set, perhaps a reserve list for those interested and committed to buy at the cheaper price? As it looks a great set up and I'm sure that a couple of months later I'll end up kicking myself but I've got some other problems that I need to attend to first.

1. Chris Weeden

2. Steve Middleton

Thanks Bingoking.

So, there is a waiting list too, a the mo having two people.

And it sems as if we are now 6  people on the confirmed list?

Personally I think a number like 10 would show a result in an even better price...

Meanwhile I've just been up and took a peek at the curvy mountain road called Transfagarashan (as seen in former Top Gear).

You'll surely need good cooling as you start in close to 40-45degrees heat, rive slowly on very patrolled b-roads for two hours, before you gt closer to either side on the Transfagatashan. One side great vith trees, he other naked view. Both great. Only real full opening July-August-September. Reason for this off topic? Good cooling is your friend on that road. So come on, jump the bandwagon and get a nice set of cooles ;)   Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Hi Guys just to recap, the price is £1500 + VAT + Shipping, which has been negotiated for this reduced Group Buy. The group buy is still open for those who still want to take advantage of this offer

Addresses confirmed for shipping costs

2) Bingoking           - Confirmed

4) Teava Magyari  - Confirmed

6) Mark                  - Confirmed

The next step is contact Nicky at Alunox who will process payment, you can call on 

00 44 (0)1978 851100 or email at leon@alunox.co.uk 

Alex the plan for the V8's was to fit the Charge Cool Rad now ,ready for the Charge Cooler kit which will follow later. I can get more details if needed.

Thanks

Mark

Called them in the morning, but they would have to call back, and they never did.

I'll try again Monday morning, so we can get this done ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.