Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Quick thought, tools and running repairs... - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Quick thought, tools and running repairs...

Jonathan

I just remembered, I know we're close to mecca and it shouldn't affect us but I'll be bringing some tools / jump leads and so on incase anyone gets any running probs on the days mainly from the hotel to Hethel and any probs on GY sea front.

This aint a glory post at all as there are no end of more Esprit competant people than I attending on the day it's just that if we a need for a quick fix along the way we've got the kit to do it - dunno if this was already planned or not but hey-ho.

Last oxford meet Jezza had his clutch cylinder go - turns out it was not fixable on the day, but if it was we did have the tools to do it there and then - jump leads are always worth taking.

Always useful to self help rather than call the 'very nice men' out - no-one likes to see an Esprit on a low loader !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope I dont need to seek you out for that reason, but great to know where to turn if I do need help. You're a good man Jon.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Ditto on the emergency kit that lives permanently in my boot!

I had planned on bringing axle stands too!

James - if you find yourself pushed for space, ditch the stands but keep the jack and between us we'll have it covered :lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Axle stands :lol::lol:

Blimey - might bring my engine crane too :lol:

Just got tooled up, wrenches, sockets, electrical kit, fuses etc, shouldn't need them but thats why I'll bring em.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I've put a load of stuff in the boot just in case anyone needs it.

Oil, Water and Brake fluid

Various Bulbs / Fuses / Wire / Connectors / Solder / Heatshrink Tube

Tool kit

Digital Multimeter

Laptop + Freescan

Jump Leads

Now where am I going to put my clothes :lol:

Martyn B)

I have a big back-up plan, I'm not filling the boot of the Turbo with tools, i'm bringing my mobile , and my Big saloon car with it's V6 engine can be calle dinto play with a tow rope, or lots of tools, wire, fuses, relays, bulbs, you name it....

I'm a few miles from Wensum golf & Hethel so have offered to assist if anybody needs it. Bibs has my mobile number , opr drop me aline if anybody wants it.

Andy

I also have a gas powered soldering iron in my kit! <mega-nerd mode> (I'm so chuffed about that! I've always wanted one but had never had a reason to get one!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Good plan - I also have an electric tyre pump (thanks to a slow leak :lol: ) and a cigarette lighter extension cord - which I MAY need to plug into a neighbouring car as mine is a tad idiosyncratic!

Go to bed!!!!!

Unlike me....having just got back from party number 1, you have to be up early!! :lol:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Funny. Jussi trying to understand, GKP is very funny, Swiss V8 isn't swiss he's welsh, Was loud and too much alcohol but I was good as I was inmy new Lotii .....and the car park looked AMAZING even with just 8 Esprit and 2.....others...in it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Top marks to everyone for packing tools and being ready to help, and for the cameraderie this demonstrated... but did anything actually go wrong with the cars? Kato alludes to a couple of running repairs on his write-up, but all I was aware of was a set of jump leads getting used on Monday morning and a stuck window mechanism being fixed at the factory... oh, and Fishy using two laps of the Hethel track to fix his sticky wastegate :D

Just thinking that if each of the 95 cars attending on Monday did an average of, say, 400 miles of driving across the weekend, how many running repairs did we collectively have for what works out as 38,000 Esprit miles?

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Well I'm really pleased touch wood that my 27 yr old S2 didnt miss a heartbeat. I had a minor brakelight switch prob which took 5 mins to sort and picked up a nasty stonechip in the winscreen but close on 600 miles in 2 days - brill! Cars been off the road for approx 18 months until 2 weeks ago (thank you Pete at PNM) and it was amazing to really enjoy her over a long weekend again.

I even pushed her quite hard on the track although for some reason I couldn't seem to drop the yellow S300 that filled my mirrors all the way round!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

He had his braces caught in your tailgate! :(

final3.jpg