Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 11 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

DSC00285-1-1.jpg

Correct... the Essex lettering should have a lotus badge after it... not present on our Far Eastern friend. the wheels are rancid, the number roundel is not present either as Phil noted. The back bumper is correct though. The Essex cars omitted this.

• Like 2

not sure if it is an original, as I couldn't see the badge number,,, but thought it was worth a post,,,

maybe he just did the typical jap thing  or couldn't find rubber for the 3piece  alloys

as for mine

the wheels are in for a polish and sort out the leaks,, once that's done its respray time,,, but still cant make m mind up on a colour lol

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

that's my predicament,, I have the wheels, roof mount radio, red interior,  and have always wanted an Essex....

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

I had no idea you had all of those things mate! Very jealous...... VERY!!!!!

DO IT.... Can't see why you even need to put time into thinking about it.

I was half toying with my own twist on it with having gold instead of chrome..... I do have the gold centered BBS after all!!

Chunky Lover

it was mentioned the Essex cars omitted the lotus lettering from the bumper, the pics I have seen,, some do, some dont

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

Lyndon

Why change it away from original.  Yours is really nice.  I think we all want an Essex but really dont see the point of pretending.  Once its done bit of an anticlimax.  Wait until someone says "wow an Essesx" and then you have to admit it isnt.  Preserve what you have.

Hi Lyndon, long time no speak. How is she coming along? I just missed out on a Blue Stevens Esprit Turbo over in Cilfrew of all places!!  Just couldn't sell the Chimaera in time. Gutted.

Got her for sale now on PH so fingers crossed...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/tvr/chimaera/tvr-chimaera-400/2424273

As for colour... keeping the Red decals is a must with the Red interior so what goes well with Red decals...  White, Silver?

I like your original Blue myself.

bondcar068_m0809.jpg

Edited by pwd95

Lotuswithgirls_zpse26a0efa.jpg

I could do with a couple of these for my car..... anyone know the part number?

36-24-36 perhaps???

Don't know the part number but I do know they are available in Australia, as posted above, and in Canada also as posted by MarkTC quite some time ago.

I believe the Canadian examples exposed more of the working chassis though from memory....

Chunky Lover

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kenny,

That looks über nice!

Where to buy (I need a red set of carpets), as I understand that there's differences. I need the bindings, handbrake gaiter etc. to be leather, as it is now..

Would also like to change my sill protectors to something like your carbon ones, saying "Esprit SE".

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Contact Rob Budd, he has tons of colors and other carpet options (the below are the most expensive options for carpet material and are what I had him use)

http://www.classic9leathershop.com/

The floor mats with the embroidery that we have already done on the German Finetuft velour are $200

The carpet set in the same material is $799

I had the very same thought recently, my kids watch it on Netflix.

Completely missed the reference when the first time round, seems hard to miss now!

Black bumpers too, showing a bit of class there Inspector!

:thumbup:

• Like 2

Indeed - looks fantastic!!! Was that taken on the trip to Belgium that you nearly didn't make because of the wheel issue?

Edited by stephenwhyte

Jeeeez, it looks sooooo good! And those Wheels... ;)   True mean purposefull sportscar!!!

Jacques.

BUT, I was thinking: why not have the Photos taken with the driver in the car? This way we could have the Picture much more alive.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)