Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Miles - total - Page 2 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Miles - total

madmezza

We did 464 miles in the SE and no problems other than a little aqua plane action in the intense rain on the M11.

doing it again would be cool I'd like to do a track day with other fellow esprits if anyone else is interested, rather do that than go on a track with lots of other types of cars as would rather not be hit by a golf GTI or similar that doesn't do corners

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the whole weekend was in the region of 850 miles for me.

Checked today and it's used 300ml of oil, including the top-up it had in the hotel car park. Not bad! I managed two packets of extra strong mints, which is also surprisingly frugal for such a long trip :(

The car worked flawlessly, looked fantastic, and felt so special for the whole journey. Just goes to prove that if LOTUS stands for anything, it stands for Low Outlay Toy, Uniquely Styled B)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

1020 Miles ... but the old girl went down on a transporter..... Car is still at the factory waiting for some lower link bushes so that they can reset the geometry on the suspension... with a bit of luck they are also going to take some pictures of the car similar to the ones from the brochure in 1976 :D

Ok it looks like the car is pointing the wrong way round on the track but it would be great to get a then and now pic :(

FlyerPic.jpg

722 miles, and I think 2 1/2 fills. Only blip was losing the boost for a while on the way up (gremlin) but it fixed itself at the pit stop.

Rear tyres don t like puddles!!

I counted 3 models that were missing from the Esprit line up - not including specials or aniversary.

Anyone guess??

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• Gold FFM

853 trouble free miles (apart from hitting next door neighbours VW Golf) in the first 10 yards of journey.

First 350 miles following Tony's sport 300 - If that isn't heaven, I don't know what is.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mmm :( Did you read the thread Henry? :(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

310 wonderful miles without a problem. :(

followed by 140 miles of bumping along in a low loader in the middle of the night :D

Trottle cable broke. :( ( and it was almost new )

But it was worth every minute

Cliff :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

i have a 92 civic and i go to school about 30 miles a day one way so thats 60 miles in a day not including other travels... so 60 x 5 days = 300 miles * 4 weeks = 1200 miles a month times 3 years i owned the car = 1200 * 36 = 43000 miles!

You are one funny dude :(

We did 990 miles in total with no problems and achieved 26.2 mpg.

Brian & Jackie :(

About 550 miles for the whole weekend. BUT, the car did disgrace itself slightly. As we pulled into the hotel car park I noticed that the rear silencer was rattling like a rattly thing. Mmmm, classy!

I spent yesterday afternoon getting revenge with a the angle grinder and welder!

So, we're finally home (sob sob)

Total for our trip was 2,750kms (1,720 miles).

Did have a slight problem on the way home - engine stutter through roadworks. Seemed to do it everytime we drove at low constant speed (around 40mph). But, at higher speeds and hard acceleration it was fine.... hmmm, need to think about this one!

Rob S

Hi Rob,

I think you are the one who arrived latest at home from the best event of the century.

Not good to hear that you had trouble with your beautiful Esprit.

Hope you and Anita have had a nice holiday week and good weather.

Cheers,

Roger