Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
removing the head and cam towers - Page 12 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

removing the head and cam towers

So, Kelly finally pulled the ultimate trick and had the car taken away. I guess it was the only way to get you to take it easy. Please take her advice. If you get bored, you've still got you designs for upgradig the interior to work on and articles on driving the Esprit to read. Just think how much you will be saving on speeding fines while the car is off the road.

Take it easy, Simon. Take you meds and get better soon!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get well soon Simon. Sounds like time to take it easy for a while. We got some spy shots of the car,........., some minor body mods, a bit of new paint and now a complete with ski rack :P

red_lotus.jpg

Take it flipping easy Simon for crying out loud!

I suppose you picked the Esprit up and put it on the low loader yourself???

'Simon put the Esprit down boy!'

Chin up mate,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Troy Halliday

Here is an update on Simons behalf.

As you may have heard I have taken Simons car back to Hertfordshire to rebuild his engine for him. I have removed the engine after a major struggle with the drive shaft bolts which seemed to have fused them selfs solid. I have removed most of the pipes from the engine bay so that I can clean it up ready for Simon to give it a good lick of paint. Well after jet washing it a couple of times and using a shed load of degreaser it is now relatively grease free. Having said that I have still smothered it in more degreaser. It seems Jizza is no match for 20 years of grime and grease. I have stripped the black paint that Bigsi had used on his cam towers and inlet system ready for some wrinkle paint. I have rebuilt his brake calipers which on the whole look like they will be OK. I have stripped his carbs down and they are soaking ready to rebuilt now that a friend has sent me a load of gaskets that he had knocking about. I have put all the hoses in a bucket soaking in a detergent so that they will at least look a bit better when they go back on. The engine is on my engine stand and I will be going up to Hertfordshire this weekend to work on it. Sorry there isn't more pics but I am having trouble with my camera and all of the pics seem to have disappeared here are a few that my friend took.

img583.jpg

img621.jpg

img612.jpg

c023.jpg

a013.jpg

Hey Troy - Thanks for the update - Been a bit quiet on this thread lately, been on the look-out for new posts, and have been wondering what's been happening. Good to see you hard at it and taking it upon yourself helping the Big Guy out - Bit distressing seeing the car at this stage with it's gut ripped out, but all on the road to recovery I suppose ;)

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted on the progress.

Cheers - Mark

thanks for the pictures troy, to be honest i havent been thinking about it and just getting n with things here as you know.

well the only update i can give you guys is im feeling better and doing well.

I have finished the designs and drawings fr the gearknob assembly and its being made right now, then its off to a wood turners to have the wod section made. best thing is if it cmes out really well and other people like it i can get more made again, the plan now is to redrawit after i have bought a starter button assembly and worked out how to mount it inside the gearknob as per the original. thats it really no other updates from me.

im taking it easy and doing as im told and really bored out of my head!

Looks like good news all round by the looks of it. SImon's feeling a bit better and progress is being made on the car.

I wondered what was going on. Looks like it's going to be a long, hard slog but I'm sure Troy will make a good start.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Glad to hear you're on the mend Si. I'm sure not having the car to tempt you is helping. Keep following the doctor's orders and get plenty of rest. I know it's boring now, but once you're fit again, and able to finish off the car, it'll all seem worthwhile when you're behind the wheel.

Good to see Troy's keeping things moving forward with the car too. Hopefully he can rescue the other pictures. The alloy bits look like they've come up a treat.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you at Castle Combe. Never been before, but it sounds like it should be a good day (and night).

Phil

More speed, less haste

Hi Big Man

I shall probably see you there then. Unless I get my car up and running in the next week or two (unlikely) as your place is going to be one of my first ports of call once she is up and running. :whistle:

Erm by the way... How well do you know Troy. Any chance you can talk him into doing my car when he's finished with yours :wacko:

well your in luck hes finally setting up his workshop so he will gladly do yours for a nominal fee, im just giving him my best ewe, the one he borrowed last time he was down :lol:

Hey Simon

Not heard from you for ages...... glad to hear your progressing well and getting some rest, hope your taking your meds as prescribed....!!!

Still a bit sketchey as to wether or not I'll be able to make it to Castle Combe, bloody work n stuff.... will try my best as I really do like the place and would be good to catch up with you and all.... was good to meet so many at donnington.......

Like Punky, if I manage to get my motor finished I may take a trundle down in that.... :lol: (Like thats ever likely to happen...!!!!! Maybe next year....!!!!!)

Keep on at that Troy bloke, it aint his car so he may cut some corners as hes a bit of a sly one like that....

Make sure he refits your Turbo and dont nick it for his car...!!!!

Speak soon mate....

Simon

Chunky Lover

update:

well i should have been showing you all the bits i had machined in all their glory today, but alas the firm making them has dragged their heels and now it may be friday before they are finished.

until i get the gearknob assembly i cannot lathe the mahogany section or inlay the mother of pearl sections and then finish the piece with several high lustre coats of finishers varnish.

nothing else to report im afraid, bored out of my head, looking forward to castle combe, if i can make it there.

thats it really.

si

ps: if anyone on the forum works fr a cnc , milling, lathe firm can they get in touch as i really want someone reliable to finish the pedal set and handbrake assemblies for me.

Edited by bigsi

hey all i need some help.

seems the water pump on my car is totally fooked!!! and thats one of the problems with the car.

has anyone here got one they can let me have that may be surplus to use or was bought at the sale and is no longer needed? i can pay for it, not a great deal but i will see what i can afford.

im just glad troy managed to pick it up.

Can help you on that one Si, Got one here you can have.

will bring it to Castle combe, your going there arnt you?

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

ok Si , concider it done :)

was going to post the reply earlyer, but a stupid bee decided to fly into the kitchen ( sitting at the table on the laptop)

got very disoriantated, land on the toaster - fall in .... and get stuck ;)

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

ooh toasted bee, my fave

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hi Si,

will your esprit be in hooning condition come summer?

Alex

i dont know alex, i have to get it mot'd and taxed yet, and theres those front bushes to sort out and everything else to check. im sorting insurance out tomorrow, troy has reccomended footman james, i will see what they can do if not i can use my old insurers as they just quoted me