Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Roadster as a daily driver? - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Roadster as a daily driver?

Neal H

I'd noticed the Honda Elise that WillB has. It looks nice (big miles though). I'm determined not to run two cars anymore, and my heart is set on an Exige V6 :wub:

Yep, high miles and I did around 85k of them, although given the amount of upgrades I did over those miles, it's probably only the Speedo that's done all of them :)

Then go and buy one - you won't regret it, I'm sure.

Phil. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can the Roadster be retrofitted with the exhaust valve switch if race mode is not installed, Bibs?

Would be great to use it on Sport Mode with the valve opened fully up instead of from mid revs.

Steve.

The switch is on the steering column and I'm pretty sure it's an easy fit. It's is about £45 from Lotus (A127M6008F) and once you remove the steering column surround you'll probably find the connector for it. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Neil,

You should have introduced yourself on Sunday (MLOC), ours was the one parked in front of the marque.

We have Premium, Convenience, heated seats, reverse sensors, AC, and 54ltr (lightweight) fuel tank and with the hard top should be ok for the winter snow.  

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Bibs excellent piece of news on the exhaust valve switch

Darryl & Sue

Hi Darryl,

It was a great meeting at Chatsworth, so many fine cars to admire!

I had a Roadster parked on my right and a Coupe on my left, so I was able to have a good look over both. The Roadster in Carbon Grey was a truly stunning car and the chap (I forget his name) who drives it uses it as his daily driver.

It was attending this meeting that finally convinced me that I really want one - I knew I shouldn't have gone :D

I haven't entirely ruled out a Coupe, as it's not that hard to get the roof off and I'd want a hard top for the Roadster anyway for winter use. It may depend on what cars are available and what the "deal" is.

Neal.

Bibs thanks for info on the exhaust valve switch, one on order from Guy; although on back order at the moment  

Darryl & Sue

Sorry,

I have a V6 without Race Pack built in Aug 2013. I am being a bit dull, but;

1. What will the exhaust valve switch retro allow me to do, that I can't do now?

2. If I had the switch fitted, is all the wiring in place to receive it.. Is it a straight plug and play?

• Like 1

Your exhaust valve currently just opens up under high load (eg above 4,500rpm). With the switch you can open it all the time, sounds very nice. I believe the wiring is there but you may have to cut 2 wires to fit the switch. It's not a lot of work, I'm sure your dealer will fit it in under an hour of labour. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm off to take a look at an LF1 at Silverstone on Thursday. They are going to take my Evora on SOR for now, but they've given me a part ex price that I'm happy with.

The Exige doesn't have to be my daily driver anymore, so I'm thinking a Coupe now, but with a soft top conversion. Anything of note I should look for on LF1's?

Well, I'm off to take a look at an LF1 at Silverstone on Thursday. They are going to take my Evora on SOR for now, but they've given me a part ex price that I'm happy with.

The Exige doesn't have to be my daily driver anymore, so I'm thinking a Coupe now, but with a soft top conversion. Anything of note I should look for on LF1's?

Just enjoy looking at it, they do look fabulous. But I would say that, I ordered mine without seeing one in the plastic and was not disappointed when it arrived.

Well, I had a look at the LF1 that Silverstone had in stock and it was indeed very nice. In fact, it was bit too nice, a bit too plush for what I wanted.

While I was there, this was sat in the showroom and I kept finding myself drawn to it, so I decided to buy it!

So, I ended up buying a Roadster after all, albeit one with a hardtop.

I can't make up my mind whether to have the rear wrapped in matt black (like the Cup) or not. Opinions?

Roadster_1.jpg

Roadster_2.jpg

• Like 1

Oh wow, looks incredible as it is.

Yellow really looks good. Just screams 'drive the wheels off me' in that colour!

I can see 2 piece discs too, a nice upgrade to have.

You've already got the matt black access panel so I guess you could have the first Roadster Cup lookalike pretty easily. All you'd need to add is the black rear, black roof and front splitter bits. I can't deny that it would look cool but when the roof will be coming off as often as it should be, might be a bit pointless having it wrapped? I'd say if it was orange a black rear panel would be a must but in that yellow, it's got a very nice Ferrari-esque look at the rear.

Congratulations, that looks an outrageous amount of fun!

:clap:  

Wow. That looks fantastic. Roadsters with hard tops are all the rage these days. :D

Lovely, lovely car. I really like the matt black access panel. Could you just have the tailgate done in black, i.e. only the bit that lifts up rather than the whole of the back? That would flow nicely down the car from the front access panel.

No red bull? Didn't give you wings?  :smoke:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks chaps. Silverstone were going to register it as their new Exige demonstrator, so I said don't do that, I'll buy it! They had already wrapped the access panel and added the sill logos, which I thought looked ace. It was also a really nice spec with the diamond cut wheels, brake upgrade, hard top and premium sport pack. Solar yellow was also my first choice colour - the same colour as my previous 2-11.

My car doesn't have the race pack, which doesn't bother me as it will only do the occasional track day, but it does mean it's missing the exhaust valve button. I asked if one could be wired in and was told it wasn't possible - does anyone know for sure whether it can or can't be done?

My car doesn't have the race pack, which doesn't bother me as it will only do the occasional track day, but it does mean it's missing the exhaust valve button. I asked if one could be wired in and was told it wasn't possible - does anyone know for sure whether it can or can't be done?

Mine doesn't have race pack either but, I've heard To open Exige V6 exhaust valve.

• Open bonnet, Pull red hose from T-coupling at air filter, Plug T-coupling
  • I've also heard you can buy the switch from Lotus and wire it it the loom in the steering column, been told the wires are there just waiting for the "mod"?

Will ask B&C next week when I get my first year's service done, quite fancy 2nd choice.

• 2 weeks later...