Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AC 212 S/C : a cobra with a Lotus V8 engine ! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AC 212 S/C : a cobra with a Lotus V8 engine !

CaptainBigleux

Maybe not a news for you guys, but I just discovered and very surprised that some Cobra were made with the Esprit V8 engine !

I know it was the plan of Lotus to sell the engine to other brands, but with AC probably not the volume they were expecting lol

Octane%20Shoot%20005.jpg

AC%20Cobra%20020.jpg

AC%20Cobra%20021.jpg

Ferrari%20Van%20%26%20AC%20Cobra%20006.j

Chelsea%20Auto%20Legends%20009.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember those in the magazines when they were announced.  Also mentioned that Lotus was trying to sell the V8 to other luxury car makers.

One of my local Lotus friend's was able to drive that AC Cobra with 918 V8 and the Gordon Murray Rocket (Light Cars Company) in one trip to the UK.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I remember seeing that in Drive Styles stock back in 06 or 07. They wanted something like 80k for it i seem to recall? Pretty car, i think it was a factory build i'm pretty sure i read, but i'm sure someone knows more about it.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.