Happy St George's Day

Advantage

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a bank holiday mumble mumble groan, groan

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Agree about the Bank Holiday. The French get 11.....we get 8. Hmmmm.

It's also Shakespeare's Birthday....and the day he died....so even more cause for festivities!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I can just hear how they`d promote him now as opposed to back in 1415 AD when after 1112 years of good reviews and constant touring  he got the big Patron Saint gig: 

"The patron saint slot ? Yeah workin` well, you slayed a dragon man, saved a babe`s life, wicked ! You can`t pay for that kind of publicity man, that`s really cool, plays well with everyone,  get those facts well out there, International market ? You`re big in Palestine, Georgia they named a country after you, doens`n get much better-Barcelona-now that`s a cool place, you`re an iconic brand man, red cross on white, great simple logo ... "  

Recognition of the day has even reached the fromer colonies. This coming Sunday is the 9th annual St. George's Day British Car Show  held in Fort Langley, BC.

I will be there, but as a Scottish-born, Canadian-raised Lotus owner, I will have the Saltire window flag on the car. 

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Our 8ft x 4ft St George's Cross flew high & proud, :)