Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast 4th May @ Duck Bay Marina - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast 4th May @ Duck Bay Marina

Great to meet up with a few of you, pity the weather was so bad on the west side, north east was apparently much better. 280 mile round trip for a bacon roll, my passenger had an extra 60 on top of that so a long day for him. Apart from having owned an Elan many years ago, he came along for the photo shoot, oh well next time.

I'll have to try and get to Edinburgh next month as I see the next two are much closer to home.

Cheers

Ian.

Hopefully there is a link to some video I took yesterday on the road from Duck Bay to Rest and be Thankful. Shows how poor the weather was if nothing else.

http://youtu.be/-AxlBEpld_w

Cheers

Ian.

• Like 1

Ian

Yes the link works and thankyou for posting it. You also recorded the group of 8 Dancing Donkeys heading south. What camera do you use, excellent quality.

Just shows that LEGS do it in all weathers.

Brian

Well, someone did say it was a photo shoot and with a 280 mile round trip we were going to take some photos! The following courtesy of my passenger Jim.

Ian

IMG_9937_zps53c304e2.jpg

Lotusmay144_zps6fd72986.jpg

Lotusmay145_zps93ef161c.jpg

Lotusmay142_zpsdbeffbc5.jpg

Lotusmay141_zpse02d7560.jpg

Lotusmay146_zpsf70bbbe7.jpg

Lotusmay143_zps625b37e7.jpg

f9bd9978-9ece-4021-86bd-044f2fd18215_zps

Edited by Ian ESC
  • Like 1

Looks like a good day regardless of the weather.

I'm born and bread helensburgh, plenty of stunning roads and scenery up that way. Oban, Invarery, loch Fyne Oyster bar is awesome. Hopefully I can come join you guys on a run once I get a car ordered

I lived in Helensburgh for 4 years, in the Churchill Estate then my ma bought a guest house (Ardmore, on West Clyde St). Went to John Logie Baird, in fact we lived right opposite the gate in Nelson Place!

Oddly connected, Steve Wright (ex-Ferrari F1 guy who spent a couple of years at Lotus recently) also went to JLB and we worked out we were there are the same time, he was 3 years above me! Small world! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hahaha, when I first read that I thought you were meaning you worked at JBL. Pub that recently shut.

I was a lomond school boy. Finished school in 2002

Hi Ja5on, just noticed your posts here on LEGS. No need to order a car specially to come along to our meets you will see from the photographs that we had a BMW, Maserati along at Rest and be Thankful and have had a couple of Porches and Ferrari's in the past.

I have added you to the Group PM list and you will receive a message when we organise a meet. You will be more than welcome.

Not to mention the various AM's Brian............  :harhar:

As Brian says we will welcome you along even in your flying Japanese computer (which my sons who are off the Playstation generation both want me to get) so would be interesting to see one up close in the flesh.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Cheers guys, I hope it's sold by then.

Don't get me wrong the GTR is great, with its current state of tune 0-100 is done in under 7 seconds,a average speed under the bridge at knochill is well over 130. Buts it's lost its appeal for me, I loved my dads 111R when he had it so I feel it's time for me to have my own lotus. Call it a 30th birthday present for myself haha