Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I am new Evora owner! - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I am new Evora owner!

superdavelotus

Hi all,

I've been on here for many years but not so much lately. I am proud to say that I will shortly become an Evora owner! Here's a picture of the car although it's not a good one sorry

Evora1a_zps03eb5449.jpg

The colour is Ice White and it has all the packs and is low mileage. I am also pleased that it has the forged alloys too, which are my favourite!

I am looking forward to having a tinker on this and start learning the car inside out.

I have lots of plans and maybe even some new ones! I think this will reignite my hobby for Lotus cars and look forward to bouncing ideas etc and the banter.

For the time being, it's currently being prepped and having a service along with some parts being replaced or replenished.

I have also just bought a cheap Evora plate which I can't wait to fit when all the paperwork comes through.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

:thumbsup: Congratulations David

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

YAY! You're gonna absolutely love it! I got one a month ago and I'm finding it hugely addictive, and sooooo smooth. It just sticks to the road, the suspension and handling is amazing and you'll have gone a gazillion miles before you even realise (though keep an eye on the fuel gauge to help ;) )

Have fun! :D

• Like 1

David,

Congratulations, think you'll be chuffed to bit when you pick it up.

Even from that photo car looks great ;-)

There's good banter on the E-Forum from time to time.. Mostly amazement that we have such fantastic rare cars!

Cheers,

Brij

P.S Forged Motorsport wheels finish of what is an incredible design - That was a £2500 option when new, very smart indeed!

Congrats Dave,

You have found nice Evora. 

I understand that you have the Esprit still. I'am in the same situation. Must say that my Esprit is more like a garage queen now.

Jukka

Congratulations David, but beware of the tuning bug. I managed to stay clean for almost four weeks until I started to spend money on "upgrades"  :cat:

Very nice, welcome. Aside from the exhaust I've not done anything to mine.

Except black and silver badges all round (inc steering wheel), black LOTUS and Evora badges, black surrounds around all rear lights.

Very nice indeed, I was after a white Evora for long enough.

Ended up with Laser Blue...... Not what I had planned but LOVE IT!

Never seen the metallic version of white on the Evora sounds fantastic.

Welcome to Evora ownership, you'll love it. Still has the feel of the older cars, but just does everything that bit better and no worries about using it every day

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I do plan to add upgrades onto the car but all in keeping with Lotus. Not sure what I am going to do just yet but first I want to learn more about the car first and put right any issues or rattles etc.

It's been a hard slog getting here, so I just want to settle down with it in the family and wash and polish it a few times.

I wasn't too sure on the colour as I wanted Aspen White as my first choice. I've never seen Ice White before and it does look different. I guess it will grow on me over time an I'll probably look back and wonder what the worry was all about.

I do plan to keep the Esprit as I think good low mileage ones are on the increase and it should become an investment in the future. I haven't used it much last year but I do have planned at the end of the month Tatton Park Classic Car Show with my daughter, who's car mad.

Bibs,

I'll give you a call in the week for a chat if that's OK?

Regards,

David

Hi all,

I forgot to say that when collecting my Evora last Friday, I got talking to the branch mamanger. He clocked my Lotus watch and we started talking about Lotus stuff. He soon realised that I was am a Lotus not and at the end of the conversation, he told me to come and see him before I left. Anyway, 5 minutes later, before I had chance to go and see him, he came back with this for my garage wall! What a result, I was over the moon with his kind gesture.

photo_zps2a1ffe17.jpg

• Gold FFM

And I'm jealous as hell!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hi Michael,

How is it going? I can't quite believe I was given this. I plan to run a simply light strip behind before mounting on the wall, probable LED but warm white as this would be more natural and cheaper/easier to install due to clearance.

You lucky, lucky b*rst*rd.

Sudders and Dany

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I also have a genuine Lotus mountain bike which has just turned 20 years old. I plan to hang this in my garage above my Esprit. I'll have to clean and paint the walls first but it should look like a Lotus themed garage when I finish.

Alex,

You are welcome at mine anytime.

Regards,

David

Hi Dave

Had a look over your car at the dealer, I had my exige in for service, I don't think there is too much difference between ice white and aspen. Your car looked stunning in the sun. Just bought a carbon grey evora too (next to the exige) it's our sensible family car

MCDZ77T.jpg

zUAQZjG.png

Edited by EvoraG