Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help needed - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Help needed

• Gold FFM

Hi all

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I needed dimensions for a rear subframe.

What I really needed was dimensions for the CROSSMEMBER between the suspension above the gearbox. the numbers I need is the distance between the centre of the fixing bolt holes, so I can get I a new crossmember made up.

Any one help please

Paul   

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is still out of the car, I'll try and remember to measure it tomorrow.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Cheers both

The reason I have looked at making one is that my wives family have a steel fabrication business so I have the chance to have one made cheap (free ) either galved or from stainless.

Cheers Paul  

I measured 62cm between the centers of the outer holes. The holes are oversized by 1-2mm to allow easy fitting of the bolts.

I wonder if it would make much difference if you tighten them with the car on its wheels or suspended with no load on the rear suspension.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Hi Filip

Thanks for the info, I have just checked the gap as it is now without the crossmember holding the suspension apart and it is just over 61cm. I will make the new one at 62cm because I am sure it moved a bit as it was tight when I removed it.

Cheers for the help

Paul     

• 1 month later...

Just to add, I refitted the crossmember on mine a few weeks ago. The car has been on a 2-post lift for over a year, due to an engine rebuild that kept getting postponed. To fit the bolts I had to jack up the chassis in the center under the gearbox so the frame moved outwards a bit. So the crossmember does support a significant load.

Filip