Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Do you have GAZ shocks on your car? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Do you have GAZ shocks on your car?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just spoken to them as they are 5 minutes from me, they can do rear replacement for my rear protech, so i'm going to go that route, as I dont want to fit protech again.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 9 months later...

Adjustable shocks and... reasonably priced!

I just got a pair of custom built adjustable rear shocks with spherical bearings from GAZmatic.

GAZ guys know their stuff!  They are easy to work with and they know what suppose to go on your car!

Just give them model and a year of your car and that's it. They'll do their magic from there.

Here is the tech info: http://www.gazshocks.com/products
and
how to contact them: technical@gazshocks.com and sales@gazshocks.com

PS. They've rebuilt my "old" (PO installed = that old!) 12 click-adjustables for 28 Quid a piece.

Also I'm changing all springs to reflect the "modern specs".

FYI, if you want to read more:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/lower-cost-bilstein-option-123221/index5.html#post3894457

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

Mine are GAZ, had them for 6 or so years, adjustable for stiffness and ride height. Very pleased with them, no issues once they had replaced the rubber bushes, at their cost.

I had also fitted stiffer springs, search on this site, where I think I gave all the details, rate and size etc

Hope that helps

Dave

What is a rough price for the springs and dampers. Mine are original and badly rusting but whenever I have asked anyone for a price it seems more than the value of my car.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually their pricing is very competitive. Give them a call.

My rears have 14 click adjustment and I just got the fronts w/21 click dials.

GAZ shocks are fully rebuildable, too.

MrDangerUS

Have them on mine but can only tell you they brought the car back to what I would have expected from a Lotus as the originals were quite shot once bought from the PO. Have never tried to adjust for height nor ride so far but someday I might give it a go.

• 1 month later...

Got my front shocks! I like them a lot !

Total cost for  4 corners with Eibach springs (from Amazon) = 501 quid.

They all have spherical bearings at the lower ends and come with all bushings, hardware, perches and dyno plots.

It is a good idea to add roller thrust bearings (from US eBay), at the bottom perches to make the height adjustment much easier.

post-11050-0-43352100-1432055209.jpg

post-11050-0-56697900-1432055240.jpg

post-11050-0-09551200-1432055257.jpg

MrDangerUS