Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
sub-10k daily driver? - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

sub-10k daily driver?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Gotta say, the one thing I'd miss if I won the lottery was looking up interesting beaters in the classifieds. Endless fun.

Really disappointed that Monaros have gone up in value. I really like them. The supercharged VXR was very much a modern day Lotus Carlton.

Not sure where this particular search will end but previous beaters have included:

Ford Capri 2.8i

Ford Scorpio 24v

Audi S8

All huge fun in their own ways.

Apart from the Scorpio at 140mph. That was :shock: !

have I missed something here?

might have been an idea to give the car a hoover before the interior pics but seems like a lot of car for £5500.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409207565080/sort/locasc/make/alfa_romeo/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/usedcars/page/2/model/159/postcode/so415rg/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/radius/1500/fuel-type/petrol?logcode=p

I'd keep the tow-hitch too, unusual choice of tow car but I consider it a bonus and would definitely use it.

• 1 year later...

so this is what I went for in the end.

ended up paying more than £10k but hopefully this one will be the first car I've ever owned which actually went up in value!

I have to say it's a massive amount of car for the money, huge fun. love it!

Edited by Bibs

Nice car, John,     :thumbsup:  you just need to get yourself down to sports direct & buy suitable attire for when you drive it:sofa: 

Didn't think it would take long! I already have the Burberry cap and an extensive shell suit collection.

Heck, someone's got to bring a bit of class back into Mitsubishi Evo scene!

• Like 1

From 2002 on E-class and S-class Mercedes does not rust anymore.

I have had several of those with diesel engine (taxis). Early 320cdi with straight six is bit dated, but bulletproof for a high mileage.. The airmatic suspension is not the most reliable, but if you have to replace the struts, the chinese make them at very affordable prizes. W211 is not by any means "sporty", but It is dependable in the most situations.

I also had E60 520d Bmw and it was nice too. More sporty than Merc and more frugal too. Bought it new and drove it over 200 thousand miles.

"Older I get, faster I was"

On 07/11/2015 20:08:55, The Pits said:

so this is what I went for in the end.

ended up paying more than £10k but hopefully this one will be the first car I've ever owned which actually went up in value!

I have to say it's a massive amount of car for the money, huge fun. love it!

You weren't out playing with it between Burley and Brockenhurst 2 weekends ago, were you? We were on holiday in the New Forest area (not with my Esprit, unfortunately) and spotted a similar EVO several times. Would be quite a coincidence!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Actually no that wasn't me. Some other discerning gentleman of great taste! My Evo isn't kept in the New Forest.