Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
stevens esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

stevens esprit

andy b

I have heard of an s4 in bits the chap has passed away it should be for sale any one interested i should be able to contact the chap who told me i think it will be open to offers pm me and i will see what i can do.

andy b

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got some info its an na still for sale location south port It has had paint all done looks tatty in pic but it's just dust loads of new partspost-13282-0-59974400-1413233803.jpegpost-13282-0-36109500-1413233853.jpeg trying to get contact number.

andy b

I am led to believe its in bits so trailer and van for parts and a lift to get it on the trailer

Here is the contact number of the executor of the will i have ask permission to put it on the forum so mention that and my name andy bradshaw a friend of chris he would like it to go to an enthusiast and the car be rebuilt.

JAMES HOLLIS 07799657222 Best in the evening.

some insider info he has had an offer of £3000. so you know where to start.

Great small world if anyone on here gets it post here please with some more pics  GOOD LUCK

ANDY B

why don't you ring tonight and see if they have more pics when these were taken it was difficult to get access the engine is on a stand in the kitchen IF YOU WANT IT JUST DO IT MAKE IT HAPPEN.

andy

Made contact,nice chap,would like the car to be rebuilt .There seems to be boxes and boxes of stripped bits,even the dash has been stripped.I think that this would be a mammoth task to rebiuld in this condition.I am interested but I think that £3000.00 is too much for me,it is a shame because the parts are worth more alone.Let's hope the breaker who charges a fortune for parts does not get his hands on this one??

3000 quid? I'd probably take it for that. Was it an NA or an S4? Wasn't quite described so clearly above. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

N/A,it's not that it's the logistics,I think all the suspension is off,no steering ect.I think it will have to be craned /lifted on to a transporter.You will probably need a van as well to put all the bits in as well.Up near blackpool area.

Hmmm. Tempting. Very tempting.

The chassis looks spotless in the above pic (unless it's been repainted) - you should bite the bullet and go for it!

Not many Stevens NA's around...

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Hmm,can,t seem to stop thinking about it.I have asked Jim if he can get me some more photos of the cart .I have a car trailer but would need extra manpower,thanks for your offer.We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Having read about a bloke who bought a Dino in bits, even the restorer said never again!

That is a big job to put it all back together, and thats counting on it all being there. Would be nice to see it all back together.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

My 88 n/a has an agreed valuation ( which I know is nothing to do with what someone will pay for it) of £14k which is slightly less than I have put into it ( includes buying the car £4k a £5.5k lotusbits engine and the factory springs, dampers and bushes set up).   Having finished mine  recently I could do it but repeating what I have just done doesn't  hold much of a challenge.  Its even the same colour. 

Its the little bits that add up for example I probably spent £500 on stainless bolts ,clips brackets, nuts etc.  The engine is a worry being all in bits so its £4.5k for that if you throw it at lotusbits etc.  Its any  missing misc bits that would cause the problem.   I suppose it depends if you do it to make a profit or not.  If you put a 2nd hand engine in it put it all back together with whats there then there is a margin in it but not if you go through replacing all the bits that need it ( unless they are there and new with it).